掲示板

Virtual hosting Vs Communities

12年前 に Sri Vatsa によって更新されました。

Virtual hosting Vs Communities

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 10/03/26 最新の投稿
Hi All,

I have a need to support multiple customers/clients on a single Liferay Portal server, a typical multi-tenancy problem. I believe there are 3 solutions to this problem, can anyone please provide some suggestions on the best way to go about solving this problem ?

1) Virtual hosting and Portal Instances - I read quite a bit about it here and here. I concluded this does not really solve multi-tenancy correct ?

2) Communities.

I beleive I should be using a combination of 1 and 2 to solve the problem, but I am not entirely sure. For example, I can model my clients 'A', 'B', 'C' as 'Communities' such that Client A's data is never seen by Client B and vice versa. However, if each of the clients have distinct departments like Sales, Maketing, Customer Support, etc how would such departments be modelled ? Would they simple be roles, where roles are associated to communities ? I know you cannot have communities within communities so modelling the departments as communities is not possible ? Content would be created in each of these departments and I don't see any of the clients sharing services with each other although different departments might share common data.

3) Organizations - would this be a viable solution for this problem ?

Appreciate the valuable inputs.
thumbnail
12年前 に Dennis Greiffenberg によって更新されました。

RE: Virtual hosting Vs Communities

Regular Member 投稿: 222 参加年月日: 07/04/30 最新の投稿
Hi,

I think in case you really want to separate your contents to clients A, B and C (i.e. NONE of client A -even the adminstrator- MUST see data from one of the other clients), the only option is to work with dedicated Liferay instances (or even AppServer-instances in case you want to restart the server for client A without forcing the other clients to "go down" as well. That could be the case when updating the ext, which needs a restart of the AppServer).

HTH,
Dennis
12年前 に Sri Vatsa によって更新されました。

RE: Virtual hosting Vs Communities

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 10/03/26 最新の投稿
Dedicated LR instances is not an option due to the cost. I did manage to run many 'Portal Instances' via the virtual hosts. I think this could work , correct ?