掲示板

Images in Gallery directly from the file system

12年前 に Klemens Dickbauer によって更新されました。

Images in Gallery directly from the file system

Junior Member 投稿: 29 参加年月日: 12/02/05 最新の投稿
Ahoj

I'm still quite new to Liferay, so please excuse conceptual any weakness in my thinking.
What I like to do: I have a lot of pictures on a server's harddrive, with a lot of directories and subdirectories. Is it somehow possible to take the image files directly from the file system without importing it, and having just metadata, rights, thumbnails etc. in liferay's repository? I would still like to have direct file system access to the images, because a lot of other tools (image workflow, backup to another system, automated download) rely on that directory structure and file names. On the other hand, Liferay is a great portal and a gallery portlet to integrate also the images is a good use case.
Anyway, my constellation might be somewhat exotic, and I do not consider that the gallery portlet can make use of the file system directly - it would have to some kind of "mixed" DLHook, or two differen DLHook's. Would anybody find this would be useful function? Would a gallery portlet whith such a functionaly be considered useful?

~Klemens
thumbnail
12年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

RE: Images in Gallery directly from the file system

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
In Liferay 6.1 you could implement your own Repository hook that reads the filesystem.
12年前 に Klemens Dickbauer によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 29 参加年月日: 12/02/05 最新の投稿
Sounds like an interesting task... :-)
Is there some good starting point to start reading?
thumbnail
12年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
There's no how to guides for that but you could look at Repository, BaseRepositoryImpl and CMISRepository classes. BaseRepositoryImpl is the one your custom repository hook would extend. In 6.1 EE documentum-hook is a good example how to implement a custom repository as a hook.