掲示板

JSF2.0+primefaces+IPC

11年前 に sharath uddanti によって更新されました。

JSF2.0+primefaces+IPC

New Member 投稿: 6 参加年月日: 12/03/27 最新の投稿
Hi all,

I am very new to Liferay and IPC.
I have a requirement to use JSF,primefaces3.2 and the IPC. Can you please tell me what are the steps required to configure/development or some links where i can look into and start development.

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
11年前 に Neil Griffin によって更新されました。

moved thread to Liferay Faces forum

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2655 参加年月日: 05/07/27 最新の投稿
moved thread to Liferay Faces forum
thumbnail

RE: JSF2.0+primefaces+IPC

I recommend that you look at the primefaces3-portlet demo and the IPC demo portlets.
11年前 に Nagaraj Desingurajan によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 31 参加年月日: 11/02/21 最新の投稿
Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot. This is what even I was looking for. Thanks again for heading into the right direction.

Nagaraj.
thumbnail

My pleasure Nagaraj. Thanks for using Liferay Faces.

Hi Neil,

A quick response would be more helpful.

I'am using primefaces in liferay for portlets.

I have two portlets. I have to achieve drag an element from the first portlet and drop it in the drop location of the second portlet.

I could achieve this very well, between 2 layouts of the single portlet.

I just want to do this between two different portlets as I said above.

I'am seriously looking for some idea/example.....

Thanks In Advance,
Nagaraj.
thumbnail

Hi Nagaraj,

I would be very impressed and surprised if PrimeFaces was able to support your use case of two different portlets. This is because the drag event would occur in the first portlet (with its own UIViewRoot) and the drop event would occur in a completely different UIViewRoot.

I think the only option that will work is the one you mentioned, having 2 layouts in one portlet.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Nice to meet you after long time. This time, I have a issue on migration.
Details,

I use the following JSF2 IPC Public Render Parameters Portlet http://www.liferay.com/community/liferay-projects/liferay-faces/demos#jsf2-ipc-events-customers-portlet, for an IPC related task in my application.

I was using the provided liferay-faces-bridge-impl 3.1.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT version.
Now, I have to migrate/move to using the stable version of liferay-faces-bridge-impl instead of the snapshot version.
Hence I modified my pom to use , 3.1.0-ga1.

Also I modified the faces-config.xml,

<lifecycle>
<phase-listener>com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.BridgeDebugPhaseListener</phase-listener>
</lifecycle>

to

<lifecycle>
<phase-listener>com.liferay.faces.util.lifecycle.DebugPhaseListener</phase-listener>
</lifecycle>

Result: When I deploy the war, it gives me following error,

11:15:45,869 ERROR [PortletBagFactory:313] javax.portlet.PortletException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.fa
ces.demos.handler.CustomerSelectedHandler
javax.portlet.PortletException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.faces.demos.handler.CustomerSelectedHandler
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.getBridgePublicRenderParameterHandler(GenericFacesPortlet.java:334)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.init(GenericFacesPortlet.java:126)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.init(InvokerPortletImpl.java:246)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.init(PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.java:216)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.create(PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.java:139)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryUtil.create(PortletInstanceFactoryUtil.java:40)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletBagFactory.create(PortletBagFactory.java:310)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.initPortlet(PortletHotDeployListener.java:524)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:302)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:115)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:40)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.doPortalInit(PortletContextListener.java:101)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.portalInit(BasePortalLifecycle.java:42)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.register(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:61)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.register(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:53)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.registerPortalLifecycle(BasePortalLifecycle.java:52)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.contextInitialized(PortletContextListener.java:55)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4765)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5260)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:842)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1095)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1617)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.faces.demos.handler.NodeSelectedHandler
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1688)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1533)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.getBridgePublicRenderParameterHandler(GenericFacesPortlet.java:330)
... 32 more

A response or any lead would be good.
I know I'am missing something when I moving from SNAPSHOT version to stable version.

Need your guidance.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

Nagaraj Desingurajan:
Hi Neil,

Nice to meet you after long time. This time, I have a issue on migration.
Details,

I use the following JSF2 IPC Public Render Parameters Portlet http://www.liferay.com/community/liferay-projects/liferay-faces/demos#jsf2-ipc-events-customers-portlet, for an IPC related task in my application.

I was using the provided liferay-faces-bridge-impl 3.1.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT version.
Now, I have to migrate/move to using the stable version of liferay-faces-bridge-impl instead of the snapshot version.
Hence I modified my pom to use , 3.1.0-ga1.

Also I modified the faces-config.xml,

<lifecycle>
<phase-listener>com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.BridgeDebugPhaseListener</phase-listener>
</lifecycle>

to

<lifecycle>
<phase-listener>com.liferay.faces.util.lifecycle.DebugPhaseListener</phase-listener>
</lifecycle>

Result: When I deploy the war, it gives me following error,

11:15:45,869 ERROR [PortletBagFactory:313] javax.portlet.PortletException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.fa
ces.demos.handler.CustomerSelectedHandler
javax.portlet.PortletException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.faces.demos.handler.CustomerSelectedHandler
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.getBridgePublicRenderParameterHandler(GenericFacesPortlet.java:334)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.init(GenericFacesPortlet.java:126)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.init(InvokerPortletImpl.java:246)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.init(PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.java:216)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.create(PortletInstanceFactoryImpl.java:139)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletInstanceFactoryUtil.create(PortletInstanceFactoryUtil.java:40)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletBagFactory.create(PortletBagFactory.java:310)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.initPortlet(PortletHotDeployListener.java:524)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:302)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(PortletHotDeployListener.java:115)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:40)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.doPortalInit(PortletContextListener.java:101)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.portalInit(BasePortalLifecycle.java:42)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.register(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:61)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalLifecycleUtil.register(PortalLifecycleUtil.java:53)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.BasePortalLifecycle.registerPortalLifecycle(BasePortalLifecycle.java:52)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.contextInitialized(PortletContextListener.java:55)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4765)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5260)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:842)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1095)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1617)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.faces.demos.handler.NodeSelectedHandler
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1688)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1533)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.getBridgePublicRenderParameterHandler(GenericFacesPortlet.java:330)
... 32 more

A response or any lead would be good.
I know I'am missing something when I moving from SNAPSHOT version to stable version.

Need your guidance.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

Neil,

I've fixed the issue. I was defining a wrong package of the CustomerSelectedHandler emoticon

Now starts the REAL issue of, IPC not working after upgrading from liferay-faces-bridge-impl 3.1.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT to 3.1.0-ga1

When I select an customer to display details, its displaying.
When I modify some details and save it back. The customer list portlet is not getting updated with new ones.
Obviously, when I refresh/reload the whole page, the new details are displayed. But this is not what is needed.

I hope I'am clear to you.

Need you guidance.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.
thumbnail

Hi Nagaraj,

I would recommend that you download the jsf2-ipc-pub-render-params-portlet demo WAR and see if that works in your environment.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Neil Griffin:
Hi Nagaraj,

I would recommend that you download the jsf2-ipc-pub-render-params-portlet demo WAR and see if that works in your environment.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Neil,

Thanks for the response. Forgot to tell you. Even I use the same link's demo WAR as my base.
Also, even the latest WAR/source uses the SNAPSHOT version of liferay-faces-bridge-impl. It uses, 4.1.0-ga1-SNAPSHOT version.

This is my problem. I was asked to use the stable GA versions not the SNAPSHOT versions.
SNAPSHOT versions are for core development right not for a production ready app. purposes, right? Correct me.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

Nagaraj Desingurajan:
Neil Griffin:
Hi Nagaraj,

Kind Regards,

Neil

Neil,

Thanks for the response. Forgot to tell you. Even I use the same link's demo WAR as my base.
Also, even the latest WAR/source uses the SNAPSHOT version of liferay-faces-bridge-impl. It uses, 4.1.0-ga1-SNAPSHOT version.

This is my problem. I was asked to use the stable GA versions not the SNAPSHOT versions.
SNAPSHOT versions are for core development right not for a production ready app. purposes, right? Correct me.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

Neil,

Update. The 3.1.1-ga2 verision of liferay-faces-bridge-impl, resolved my problem.
Earlier I was trying 3.1.0-ga1 version which was having some limitations.

IPC is behaving properly like before emoticon

Thanks again for your wonderful time.
I will keep updating you, in case I face any other limitations.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.
thumbnail

I'm so glad to learn that it is working for you now. emoticon

Nagaraj Desingurajan:
SNAPSHOT versions are for core development right not for a production ready app. purposes, right?

You are correct -- the stability of SNAPSHOT versions varies from day to day, and should not be used in a production-ready app unless Liferay Support verifies good stability. The 4.1.x branch of Liferay Faces is very unstable (at the time of this writing) because it compiles against a SNAPSHOT version of JSF 2.2, which has not been finalized by the JSR 344 Expert Group.
thumbnail
10年前 に Muhammed Shafeek V によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 140 参加年月日: 13/07/22 最新の投稿
Hi,
I am working IPC in liferay faces. My events seem to work fine if the publishing portlet and the receiving portlet are on the same page, but I would like to place those portlets on different pages. I want to there is an option to automatically switch the page and also pass an integer if such an event is fired.

If there is an option How do I do that using Liferayfaces?

Using: Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.1 CE

Please help me sir,
thumbnail
10年前 に Vernon Singleton によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 315 参加年月日: 13/01/14 最新の投稿
Muhammed Shafeek V:
I want to there is an option to automatically switch the page

Please refer to this post for a response to this duplicate question.