掲示板

What's wrong with "Forgot password" / Password Changed Notification?

thumbnail
12年前 に Mathias Kratzer によって更新されました。

What's wrong with "Forgot password" / Password Changed Notification?

New Member 投稿: 17 参加年月日: 11/10/11 最新の投稿
After a successfully completed "Forgot password" request our Liferay 6.1-GA1 installation sends the user a completely useless "Password Changed Notification". It's useless because:
  • variable [$USER_PASSWORD$] evaluates to the empty string (instead of the reset or a re-generated password!),
  • variable [$REMOTE_ADDRESS$] evaluates to the string "0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1", and
  • variable [$USER_AGENT$] evaluates to the string "null".

Since I only found the third of these issues to be a known bug (cf. LPS-26592) I suspect that the to others are due to a misconfiguration. Moreover, although the "Password Changed Notification" is sent it seems that the user's password is not changed at all by the system! Can anyone give me a hint how to configure this feature correctly?

Thanks in advance
Mathias
thumbnail

RE: What's wrong with "Forgot password" / Password Changed Notification?

Aaargh! - Just found the solution by myself: In Portal Settings > Authentication we allowed "users to request password reset links" only.

First I tried to check "Allow users to request forgotten passwords?" as well but that didn't change the content of the Password Changed Notificaton. Then I noticed that at the end of the "Forgot password" procedure the submit button spells "Send Password Reset Link". So I just copied the sentence with the [$PASSWORD_RESET_URL$] from the "Password Reset Notification" template into the "Password Changed Notification" template and voilà: This variable evaluates to the expected URL!

So let me rephrase and split my original question:
  • Is it a bug or another misconfiguration that the Password Changed Notification is sent out to users who requested a password reset link?
  • And what event triggers Liferay to send the Password Reset Noitification after all?

Best regards
Mathias
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Extracted from Liferay's documentation:

Email Notifications: Liferay sends email notifications for certain events, such as user registrations, password changes, etc.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/global-server-settin-4
thumbnail

Sorry Hitoshi,

but in how far does the part of documentation you refer to answer why Liferay is sending the Password Changed Notification when a user requests a password reset link?