掲示板

404 on localhost:8080

thumbnail
11年前 に George Stafford によって更新されました。

404 on localhost:8080

Junior Member 投稿: 62 参加年月日: 12/10/01 最新の投稿
I'm having some growing pains when trying to get my environment setup to test drive Liferay. I've got the Liferay Developer Studio installed along with IIS7 on my Windows 7 workstation. When I start the included Tomcat server I get a startup in 16k ms and it seems fine. However when I try to browse to the liferay home I get a 404 error.

I tried to install the IIS/Tomcat Jakarta connectors but I'm sure I've messed something up in there and I'm not sure how to go about debugging the connection. I'm also not sure of how to ensure which web server is serving the pages. If I remove IIS will the self contained Tomcat display the pages on 8080?

Thanks
George
thumbnail

RE: 404 on localhost:8080

So I answered my own quesiton, and it was a two part problem.

Part one, when I looked at the server.xml I had, the port for the server was set to 8005. Changing this to 8080 moved my server to there, now showing a 500 error instead.

Part two was that I had neglected to copy the jdbc driver over so the database was failing on startup. I had it on my linux text box, but not my windows box.

So now I have a functional site, and hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
thumbnail
11年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

RE: 404 on localhost:8080 (回答)

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
I think you are confused about tomcat servers. the port 8005 is used (by default) to control tomcat it will say something like <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">.
what you really need to check is the Connector in the service name=Catalina. tylipcally there are many types defined here but only one will be not commented out.
look for :
<Connector URIEncoding="UTF-8" connectionTimeout="20000" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>

both ports have to be unique on your system, so if running more than one tomcat you need a server on port 8007 say and if running more than one Service inside tomat (say two different liferay installs) you need one to be on say port 8088.

check the <tomcat directory>/logs/Catalina.out for real time error messages regarding startup and connectivity (eg to jdbc)
thumbnail

RE: 404 on localhost:8080

Hrm - yes, most likely. The fix then must been entirely the presence of the jdbc driver for Oracle. With that everything is working great.