掲示板

Get your translations ready for Liferay 5.2

thumbnail
15年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Get your translations ready for Liferay 5.2

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hello translators!

Liferay 5.2 will most likely be released by the end of this week or beginning of the next one. So this is the best time to review the translations to your language and make sure this new release is doesn't have any funny translations ;)
thumbnail
15年前 に Tomasz Wojewodka によって更新されました。

RE: Get your translations ready for Liferay 5.2

Junior Member 投稿: 56 参加年月日: 07/09/07 最新の投稿
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for creating this category :-).
In fact I've been about to create a new JIRA issue to share our early release of our translation - this is much better solution to get feedback from the community.
15年前 に Tariq Dweik によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 16 参加年月日: 05/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi Jorge,

I'm working now on the Arabic Resource Bundle for 5.1.2, once I'm done I'll add the 5.2 changes from trunk and contribute it back.

In order to save efforts and maintain both of deliverables quality and consistency, I'd like to take the ownership of Arabic Resource Bundle.

Keep up the good work emoticon

-T
thumbnail
15年前 に Corné . によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1313 参加年月日: 06/10/03 最新の投稿
Great work,

I'm lagging behind with the Dutch translation, I hope to find some time to get by before the next release.

Maybe a sub forum or or a sticky-post per language would be a good idea

Say what happend to Brians inititive;

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LEP-4278
Brian Chan added a comment - 19/Nov/07 09:34 AM
As far as language support, we're actually working on a GUI from www.liferay.com that will deliver "language" packs. Very wiki like so that they can be updated live from a plugin.
15年前 に Andrew John Lovell によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 08/10/03 最新の投稿
My coleague and I are currently working on a pt_PT translation for 5.1.2 since the current translation (which should be pt_BR) not only is it in brazilian portugues, it is obviously an automated translation and 50% of the msgs are absolute nonsence (even for brazilian portugues). We'll commit as soon as possible.

PS: Please Please PLEASE rename the current Language_pt to Language_pt_BR in svn to make our job easier!
thumbnail
14年前 に Gonçalo Pratas によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 09/09/04 最新の投稿
Hi,

Portuguese_PT translation updated in the corresponding Jira issue.

http://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/17291/Language_pt_PT.properties.native

Regards
Gonçalo Pratas
MGO Consutling
thumbnail
14年前 に Julio Camarero によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1668 参加年月日: 08/07/15 最新の投稿
Hi Gonçalo!

could you open a new thread post for the portuguese (from Portugal) translation??

There are too many messages in this one and your message was unnoticed for a while. I just saw it today and tried to commit it but there has been so many changes in trunk since then that is was really difficult for me to do it.

Could you please update your file to trunk and upload it again?
If you post a new message in a new category for your language it will be much easier and I will do it as soon as you update your file.

Thanks a lot!
15年前 に Dmitry Babain によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 238 参加年月日: 08/11/23 最新の投稿
We have almost completed 5.1.2 russian translation. Where shall we publish it for review?
Can and will anyone from Liferay team do a review of our translation?
I mean, are there any russian-speaking developers?
thumbnail

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for such a quick and good response.

Tomasz, as you say this is a much better place for discussing. In any case, please keep adding all attachments to JIRA tickets, even if they are not fully finished, because that way it's much easier to keep track of the progress when looking back. In any case it's probably a good idea if we announce any such update here after uploading files in JIRA.

Tariq, thanks a lot for stepping in, Arabic is all yours emoticon

Corné, thanks for working on the Dutch translation. I also agree that having subcategories per language, although I was thinking of creating them on an "as needed" basis. Right now there is mostly one developer per language so it's easier to have one category, but once there is more than one developer per language we can create a category for them so that they can talk in their own language. What do you think?

Andrew, I've just made the change you suggest. See http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-1585 for details.

Hi Dimitry, there is no member of the Liferay team that speaks Russian so in the true open source spirit we'll just trust you (and will give you the credit too).

Ok, then tomorrow i'll post both new Language_ru.properties.native and Language_ru.properties

I've got a question.
Where shall i put translation for properties, found in other locations, as specified
in wiki ?

I mean, do i have to make translation in separate file(s) for them? and where shall they be to test them?
thumbnail

Hi Dimitry,

Sounds great! Once you have the translation ready go ahead and create a new JIRA issue uploading the Language_ru.properties.native to it (no need to upload Language_ru.properties.native). It is also useful if you attach a patch (diff output) of the Language_ru.properties.native just in case there is any change in the file since the revision you started with.

Once you're finished add a post to this thread or create a new thread within the Translatiosn category to make sure we don't miss it.

Regarding your question about the translation of the plugins. You can checkout the plugins using the following URL:

svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk

You can also use the equivalent in Sourceforge but it's not always in sync. Once you download this, enter the portlets directory and look for the portlets mentioned in the wiki page. The Language files will be within docroot/WEB-INF/src/content

I finally did it!
This ticket with patches contains improved translation patches for portal and for plugins. Sorry it took so long.

btw, if (if) i somehow will be mentioned in release as contributor or whatever, is it possible to mention also my colleague, Ilya Zverev?
It was a collaboration, you seeemoticon
thumbnail

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks a lot, I've just applied your patch. BTW, thanks once more for translating the plugins too emoticon

When reviewing the translations I've found a few keys that were not translated yet. I've added them using the English tranlation, but here they are just in case you want to translate them too:

model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.blogs=Blogs
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.calendar=Calendar
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.imagegallery=Image Gallery
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.journal=Web Content Management
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.polls=Polls
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.shopping=Shopping
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog=Software Catalog
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.tags=Tags
model.resource.com.liferay.portlet.wiki=Wiki

Also, you may want to check the changes done when renaming "Journal" as "Web Content" because it was done after you picked the Language.properties file you used for the translation.

In any case it's already much much better than it used to be, so thanks a lot.
thumbnail

Great, thanks. From both of us.

renaming "Journal" as "Web Content" - i already did it, i think. Found your post right before posting translation in Jira.

As for the missing models translation, then i'll try to do it now.

How can i get modified (with our translation applied) version of Language_ru.properties.native? Because i can't make a patch...
thumbnail

Hi Dimitry,

You can get the updated translation directly by downloading the file from trunk or using the following link (always points to the latest version):

http://svn.liferay.com/browse/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content/Language_ru.properties.native?r=trunk

Regarding "Web content" it's great to hear you had already taken care of it. I don't know any Russian so I just wanted to make sure. Good to know you are so efficient emoticon

Hi.
On more update Language_ru_fix.patch attached to the same jira ticket LPS-1611. Do i need to reopen it?

Sorry for the trouble.
thumbnail
15年前 に Bertrand Pinel によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 6 参加年月日: 05/01/19 最新の投稿
Hello Jorge,

I have just created the ticket in JIRA to enhance the french translation. (LPS-1647)
Of course, I have attached the properties file, together with a diff made on the latest version from the trunk.

Hope it will be integrated in the coming 5.2 !
thumbnail

Hi Bernard,

Thanks a lot for the contribution. Either Amos or I will make sure it gets into 5.2

Also I've added you to the Translator Team as a leader for the French translation emoticon
thumbnail

Jorge,

The end of the week is almost there.
It would be nice to have an exact deadline.

Is it going to be included If I add our translation on Friday 4p.m. CET to JIRA?
thumbnail

Hi Tomasz,

Yes, if it's ready today I'll still have time to include it.

FYI, packaging of 5.2 has already started, but we often have to do several trials before it actually works correctly (it's the price for supporting so many app servers), so the process may expand over the weekend.
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

Jorge Ferrer:

FYI, packaging of 5.2 has already started, but we often have to do several trials before it actually works correctly (it's the price for supporting so many app servers), so the process may expand over the weekend.

Good for us :-)
thumbnail
15年前 に Luca Forni によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 45 参加年月日: 08/09/25 最新の投稿
Hi Jorge,
I'm working on Italian Translation (there is a lot of work to do!!)...

I think that i could put it on Jira on Monday... Is too late for 5.2 relaese?
thumbnail

Hi Luca,

Monday might be too late for 5.2.0, but go for it since in the worst case it'll be included in 5.2.1

Thanks!
thumbnail

Jorge,

I've just created a new JIRA issue that affects translations:

It's quite urgent because of release date - could you see if you can fix that asap?
thumbnail

Thanks guys,

I've just committed Dimitry's new patch and fixed the issue that Tomasz found.

Keep up the good work!
thumbnail

Hi,

I've found another translation related bug regarding missing keys in translation files:
See this JIRA issue.

Jorge - should I add this keys ASAP in my translation and add updated versions to JIRA (I would like to send an update anyway) or wait until it will appear in SVN in Language.properties?
thumbnail

Thanks again for finding those missing entries Tomasz. I've just fixed them so you can go ahead and let me know the proper translation to polish as a response to this thread.

In the future probably the easiest way is to provide such translation as comments in the JIRA ticket itself so that whoever adds the missing entries also applies the proper translations. Also if you post about it here (as you've done this time) other people from the translation team can also go ahead and add other comments for their own languages.

BTW, my next task is to apply your improvements to the Polish translation.
thumbnail

Jorge Ferrer:
Thanks again for finding those missing entries Tomasz. I've just fixed them so you can go ahead and let me know the proper translation to polish as a response to this thread.

Here are my translations:

screen-name-attribute=Atrybut nazwy użytkownika
email-address-attribute=Atrybut adresu email
first-name-attribute=Atrybut imienia
last-name-attribute=Atrybut nazwiska

Jorge Ferrer:
In the future probably the easiest way is to provide such translation as comments in the JIRA ticket itself so that whoever adds the missing entries also applies the proper translations. Also if you post about it here (as you've done this time) other people from the translation team can also go ahead and add other comments for their own languages.

OK I'll do that next time.

Jorge Ferrer:
BTW, my next task is to apply your improvements to the Polish translation.

thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for commiting my changes, but I see that Brian Chan has overwritten your update and now this keys are missing for both properties.native and properties.

Could you fix that please?

Edited:
I've reopened the issue to catch someone's attention (urgent).
thumbnail

Fixed!
thumbnail

Thanks Jorge :-)
thumbnail
14年前 に Tomasz Wojewodka によって更新されました。

Hi,

I've just add Polish translation update to version 5.2.3 to jira issue.

I've also made a hook plugin that overrides old translation.

Where should I upload this hook - to the Community plugins, Jira or a message board (attached file vs link to my webpage)?

I'm going update the trunk anyway, but some may need to update existing version.

Could somebody from Liferay team add a new category with announcements of new releases?
It would be great to have such an info a few days before packaging happen to prepare updates to translation files.