掲示板

Missing build.xml files in LR 6.1.20 EE GA2 source code

11年前 に Cristian Roldan によって更新されました。

Missing build.xml files in LR 6.1.20 EE GA2 source code

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 12/09/24 最新の投稿
Hi All,
I downloaded the source code 6.1.20 EE GA2 from LR's customer portal, I imported the project in my eclipse environment but all the build.xml files are not available, is there any reason ?

Thanks.
thumbnail
11年前 に James Falkner によって更新されました。

RE: Missing build.xml files in LR 6.1.20 EE GA2 source code

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1399 参加年月日: 10/09/17 最新の投稿
Cristian Roldan:
Hi All,
I downloaded the source code 6.1.20 EE GA2 from LR's customer portal, I imported the project in my eclipse environment but all the build.xml files are not available, is there any reason ?

Thanks.

The source is for debugging/inspecting within your IDE, but it's not designed to be buildable by customers (this discourages modified (read: unsupported) versions of EE from beign used).
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
As James replied, EE doesn't support modifying liferay code directly. You'll have to create plugins.

If you need to build your own version of liferay, you'll have to use the CE version.

This is because liferay.com offers customer support for the EE version and it is very difficult to find problems and upgrade instructions if the customer modified the liferay code. Liferay.com does not offer support on the CE version, so that's probably why they let users build it.
11年前 に Cristian Roldan によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 12/09/24 最新の投稿
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, from my point of view the EE source code should have all the build.xml files, I undestand LR point of view, but if I want to add new features or fix some bugs I would need all the needed build.xml files, I undestand the risk of using my own builds, again from my point of view EE source code must have all the needed files to build the portal project.

Thanks.
thumbnail
11年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
I know you want that, but it's just not going to happen.

EE is a for-purchase product. Count yourself lucky that they give you the source for the EE product.

Besides, if they gave you the build files and you built a custom EE, you'd basically be invalidating your license and would shut down your ability to use EE support (they support the canned EE, but I'd never expect them to support everyone's customized EE).
11年前 に Atul Patel によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 12/01/12 最新の投稿
Generally speaking there should never be a need for you to build the Liferay EE code.

If you have a bug, report it to Liferay and they will fix and send you a patch. If you need to change core Liferay functionality create an ext plugin.

The only reason I can think where one needs to be able to build the EE code is if Liferay disappeared (gasp).