掲示板

User Group Pages

thumbnail
15年前 に Dave Butland によって更新されました。

User Group Pages

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 09/02/28 最新の投稿
I'm sure I'm not the first or last one to ask that User Group Pages not be copied to the User page area and not be editable by the user. The whole point of using User Groups for me is to manage default pages for the user. I want the user to have a defined set of personal pages and not be able to change them. If I change the pages I want all users to get the changes.
thumbnail
15年前 に Michelle Kawaye によって更新されました。

RE: User Group Pages

Junior Member 投稿: 61 参加年月日: 08/07/22 最新の投稿
Hey Dave,

Dave Butland:
I want the user to have a defined set of personal pages and not be able to change them.

I'm pretty sure you can set this in the portal-ext.properties file using the following lines:

layout.user.public.layouts.modifiable=false
layout.user.private.layouts.modifiable=false

~michelle
thumbnail
15年前 に Dave Butland によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 09/02/28 最新の投稿
I'll give that a go, thanks. However, it still won't change the pages of existing users when I change the User Group pages.

I was just wondering how this site handles the profile and friends pages because they aren't modifiable. I was going to take away the users "Power User" role but that seems to break the directory, search and private page features.
thumbnail
15年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
You can try creating a custom user role that has access to those things.
14年前 に Robert L Zinn によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 09/02/19 最新の投稿
Here are some of my findings about maintaing User Group base pages and users getting a copy of them. You can refresh a user's version of the base page by removing them and then adding them back. Read more.... This gets a little tricky.

Version 5.2
- When users are assigned to a group, then pages are copied to the user’s area: Dock> My Places> My Community> Public Pages

- Once the page is copied over in the previous step, the user can add portlets, move them around, or delete the page.

- If a user is removed from the group, the copied pages that he has in My Community remain until he deletes them.

- If a portlet is added by the user and the user is removed and then added back to a group, then user’s portlet will remain on their page with any other new portlets added to the base page.

- If a portlet is moved on the user’s page, then it will remain in it’s new location iven if he is removed from the user group and re-added.

- If a portlet is moved from one section of the layout to another section, then the portlet will remain in that new section. If the user is removed and added back to a group, then the portlet in the new section of the layout will remain and a another version will be duplicated in the section that it exists in the base layout.

- If a page is deleted by the user, then the user can not get it back unless he is removed from a group and added back to that group.

- If a user is removed and then added back into a group, then their page is refreshed with the latest version of the page with any added or deleted portlets from the source. If a user has moved portlets on their copy, then those moved portlets will stay and the original ones will appear on their page.
-------
Another option to maintain base pages is create pages under some other structure like Organizations and assigning user to those organizations.
thumbnail
11年前 に gnp present によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 54 参加年月日: 10/06/09 最新の投稿
Hi...

i have same problem ...i setup this: user.groups.copy.layouts.to.user.personal.site=true
Now, all users have same public and private pages. When i try to modify pages or portlets in default user group pages not works.Users not received changes. Do you help me with this?..i use liferay 6.1 GA2
thank you
thumbnail
10年前 に Rahul Rabhadiya によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 57 参加年月日: 13/06/14 最新の投稿
I have same issue .. Have you got ny solution????
thumbnail
10年前 に Jignesh Thakkar によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 13/08/27 最新の投稿
Hi All

From Liferay version 6.1, once you create a user and assigned him to a usergroup then pages will not be copied and just referencing to the usergroup pages. So user can not modify his/her own page.

If you want that your user can modify their own page then you have to do a setting in usergroup pages. For that follow the below steps

1) Go to Control Panel > User groups
2) Go to Manage Pages from the Action button of your usergroup
3) On left side, you are able to see all the pages that you created, click on any page where you want that user can modify this page by their own.
4) Go to "Customization Settings" on right side of the menu, where they ask you to make your column customization.It means suppose you apply 2 column layout on that page then it gives 2 checkboxes like "Column 1 Customizable" & "Column 2 Customizable" ,

Here you have to check the colunm whichever you want to allow the user to customize. Save the changes and try with new users. Now users will be able to change their own pages, and at the same time, usergroup pages will not be changed.

But there is a big bug over there, it will allow to customize but not save preferences based on user''s page. means if you change any preferences then it will change to usergroup page also.

However by applying this technique, your problem gets resolved.

Let me know if you need more information

Thanks
Jignesh Thakkar
8年前 に dharmesh Mistry によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 22 参加年月日: 14/07/09 最新の投稿
gnp present:
Hi...

i have same problem ...i setup this: user.groups.copy.layouts.to.user.personal.site=true
Now, all users have same public and private pages. When i try to modify pages or portlets in default user group pages not works.Users not received changes. Do you help me with this?..i use liferay 6.1 GA2
thank you

Hello ,
can you please elaborate how can you resolve this because i set this property but i cant acces to private pages.

you can check this:https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/54713636