掲示板

Best way of logging RFEs for Liferay documentation

10年前 に Jan Hájovský によって更新されました。

Best way of logging RFEs for Liferay documentation

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 13/05/22 最新の投稿
Hi,

could you advice, what is the best way of logging RFEs for Liferay documentation? I logged the following against Liferay documentation for version 6.1: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-37195. I'm not getting a reaction for it. I'm possibly doing a mistake in the way I'm reporting it. Should I perhaps report the issue against 6.2 documentation, so it gets attention?

Best regards, Jan
thumbnail
10年前 に Tomáš Polešovský によって更新されました。

RE: Best way of logging RFEs for Liferay documentation

Liferay Master 投稿: 676 参加年月日: 09/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi Jan,

I believe the best way is to directly send a pull request to https://github.com/liferay/liferay-docs

Sincerely,
-- tom
thumbnail
10年前 に Richard Sezov によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 220 参加年月日: 07/02/07 最新の投稿
Hi Jan,

Right now, you've identified a hole in our communication process. We have an LRDOCS project, but right now it's not public. We're working to turn it into a public project, and then you'll be able to enter tickets for the documentation directly.

Thanks for adding this one and for posting here (I'm subscribed to this category). I'll make sure we get to it.

--Rich
thumbnail
10年前 に Denis Signoretto によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 375 参加年月日: 09/04/21 最新の投稿
Hi Richard,

I've seen LRDOCS project it's now a public project. I think it's a good choice.
At the moment documentation RFEs opened in Community Feature Ideas are collected in LPS Documentation component.
IMHO, it shouldn't be better create issues in LRDOCS project ?

WDYT ?

Best Regards,
Denis.

P.S. About Documentation component I think it should mantained for complementary Documentation like dtd and properties files descriptions, XML comments, javadocs and so on.
thumbnail
10年前 に Richard Sezov によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 220 参加年月日: 07/02/07 最新の投稿
Hey, no fair! You noticed before I had a chance to blog about it (just joking)! emoticon

The way we're working it out, the LPS Documentation component is for reference docs: Javadoc, AlloyUI reference, tag docs, properties docs, etc. The formal, written documentation is covered by the LRDOCS project. So if you see something missing from the User Guide or the Developer Guide, or if you find a bug or something, it should go to LRDOCS. We're still making some changes to LRDOCS to streamline ticket creation, but it is available now to the community.

I'll blog on this at greater length; but this is the way we're thinking right now. Do you think this will work?

--Rich
thumbnail
10年前 に Denis Signoretto によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 375 参加年月日: 09/04/21 最新の投稿
Richard Sezov:
Hey, no fair! You noticed before I had a chance to blog about it (just joking)! emoticon

The way we're working it out, the LPS Documentation component is for reference docs: Javadoc, AlloyUI reference, tag docs, properties docs, etc. The formal, written documentation is covered by the LRDOCS project. So if you see something missing from the User Guide or the Developer Guide, or if you find a bug or something, it should go to LRDOCS. We're still making some changes to LRDOCS to streamline ticket creation, but it is available now to the community.

I'll blog on this at greater length; but this is the way we're thinking right now. Do you think this will work?

--Rich

Hi Richard,

I think this is the right way, and giving community the opportunity to contribute to LRDOCS can improve the revision (and contribution) process.

My only dubt it's related to misusage of LPS Documentation by comunity members.
Looking at issues in LPS Documentation we can find issues related to both LRDOCS and LPS Documentation.

What do you think about using a slifhtly differenent name for LPS Documentation (e.g. Reference Documentation) ?
The idea, as a final result, is to enable two distinct RFEs labels in Community Liferay Ideas: "Reference Documentation" (reporting to LPS project) and "Documentation" (reporting to LRDOCS).

I'll wait for your blog ;)

Thanks,
Denis