掲示板

Best machine configuration for Liferay 6.2 for developer ?

thumbnail
9年前 に Sagar A Vyas によって更新されました。

Best machine configuration for Liferay 6.2 for developer ?

Liferay Master 投稿: 679 参加年月日: 09/04/17 最新の投稿
Hi Frens,

What is ideal machine configuration for Lifeary 6.2 EE version ? Like how much RAM and Processor any OS etc.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Best machine configuration for Liferay 6.2 for developer ? (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
For a developer it shouldn't matter too much. If they have limited memory, they just have to undeploy stuff they're not using. Heck, you could probably get by on a 1gb system if you need to (especially if you can offload the database).

Now, if you ask me what I use, well I have a 16 gb core i7 with dual monitors and an SSD drive, all of which I consider a necessity. The SSD is, of course, faster for compiling. The i7 and 16gb means I can run all of the background processes I need (i.e. a mysql database, studio, and tomcat).

It all comes down to time. The more resources you give the developer, the less time they'll sit around idle waiting for something to finish, but the more cash you'll outlay for the resources.

Ultimately it will depend upon what you feel is more expensive (the resources or the developer's time).
thumbnail
9年前 に Sagar A Vyas によって更新されました。

RE: Best machine configuration for Liferay 6.2 for developer ?

Liferay Master 投稿: 679 参加年月日: 09/04/17 最新の投稿
Ultimately it will depend upon what you feel is more expensive (the resources or the developer's time).

Excellent !! Thank you for reply David.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail
9年前 に Jack Bakker によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 978 参加年月日: 10/01/03 最新の投稿
to add to this, I have dev enviros on mac, linux, and win7 ; I like linux or at least *nix, tho there is some merit in matching dev with server
thumbnail

Jack is right, but if your devs don't know the platform the server is running, you may end up taking too much time for them to get up and running successfully on the platform instead of developing.

Platform does impact the server configuration and usage, certainly, but the deployment artifacts your devs are going to create (in the form of plugin wars) are not generally platform-specific (unless, of course, your windows guys use windows paths for everything emoticon).
9年前 に Jorge Páez によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 14/11/06 最新の投稿
Hello all, hopefully you can give me some advice since im kinda newbie regarding tech stuff when it comes to a Liferay installation, im having a lot of problems trying to make Liferay work in this environment, to the point that sometimes i can't even make Eclipse work. Im getting messages like : "Could not reserve enough space for object heap", "Can't create Virtual Java Machine",and also wasn't able to delete portlets i have imported. I presume that the pc im working with is just pretty lame regarding processor + ram so just looking for your advice on what do you guys think can be a min reliable working environment to work with Liferay 6.2.

Intel Core 2 Duo
E7500 @ 2.93Ghz 2.93Ghz
Ram 3Gb

Liferay 6.2
Tomcat 7 / Eclipse Luna 4.4
Java Version 8 Update 25

Im working on local, not even have any DB connections or SVN.

Many thanks.
thumbnail

Java 8 is not supported, use java 6 or 7 64 bit.

3gb may not be big enough to run all of these tools at the same time btw.
9年前 に Jorge Páez によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 14/11/06 最新の投稿
David H Nebinger:
Java 8 is not supported, use java 6 or 7 64 bit.

3gb may not be big enough to run all of these tools at the same time btw.

Thanks David, finally my boss have decided to just get a new PC and with some tunings on my eclipse it works just fine now.