掲示板

User authentication when user not in Liferay Scema

9年前 に Priyabrata Palit によって更新されました。

User authentication when user not in Liferay Scema

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 14/05/07 最新の投稿
I have users which are residing in a different schema (NOT Liferay).
I want to authenticate these users using Liferay.
I will maintain the admin and the "business users" on lIferay itself.

I want a hybrid module where the select set of users are authenticated using Liferay OOTB and the remaining through web service, but session information and SSO features are still available.

Can this be done in Liferay 6.2 or does the users (at least the basic info) need to be present with Liferay to manage them?
thumbnail
9年前 に Bruno Farache によって更新されました。

RE: User authentication when user not in Liferay Scema

Liferay Master 投稿: 603 参加年月日: 07/05/14 最新の投稿
It's not possible out of the box. Our web services use Basic Authentication to authenticate against the portal.

You would have to implement an AuthVerifier/AutoLogin in order to authenticate with your own mechanism and add it to "auth.verifier.pipeline" in portal.properties.
Looking at BasicAuthHeaderAutoLogin would be a good starting point.
thumbnail
9年前 に Bruno Farache によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 603 参加年月日: 07/05/14 最新の投稿
I took a deeper look at BasicAuthHeaderAutoLogin and it returns an array containing userId and password if authentication is successful, which are fetched from Liferay's database and used for the actual authentication in the pipeline.

So it seems you must have the user data inside Liferay's User table, I don't know if there's some other way to achieve what you want, maybe by implementing your own permission checker, not sure.

So the solution is to keep all my users in Liferay Schema?
I have got about 300 million of them!!

even if i do that , can i still maintain and pass sessions to other web pages.. I have got some users who could be logged into some other server (not liferay) and will be redirected to my page hosted on Liferay. I need to give them a seamless experience of not needing to logging in again. Does this user also need to be on liferay? I do not need to manage these users.
thumbnail
9年前 に Krzysztof Golebiowski によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 549 参加年月日: 11/06/25 最新の投稿
Loooool, 300 milion? Isn't that 10% of the whole internet? I suppose you need custom solution clustered on 1000 servers emoticon

Sorry .. thats 3 million emoticonemoticon