掲示板

Nate says its easy to use a Bootswatch theme in LR

9年前 に gordon daniels によって更新されました。

Nate says its easy to use a Bootswatch theme in LR

Liferay Master 投稿: 797 参加年月日: 08/08/24 最新の投稿
Well, I have not found that to be so. Nate's blog https://www.liferay.com/web/nathan.cavanaugh/blog makes it sound as if its trivial to use a Bootswatch theme. This post is not meant to be a Nate bashing post :-) but rather point out that sometimes theses blogs by LR staff leave something to be desired. I am testing 6.2 at present and find some of the new features are exciting. However, from a theme building standpoint I find it much more complex than 6.1.2ga3. I have not been able to easily use a Bootswatch theme.

If LR believes we can use Bootswatch themes with LR, then a tutorial or guide on how to really do that would be nice. This would benefit LR in that non-developers but web designers could get a nice theme up in a short time period. Just saying :-)
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Nate says its easy to use a Bootswatch theme in LR

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Nate does seem to be responding to comments on the blog post. Perhaps you could toss some questions in there and see if he'll bite...

Hi, David

I was just poking the bear :-) Good suggestion - will give it a try.
thumbnail
9年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi gordon,

I would like to write two blog posts with practical steps for copy/pasting themes for Bootswatch and other free theme provider.

Don't know when exactly that will happen, hope soon...

Thanks!

Hi Juan,

Longtime since I have heard from you. You have me all a twitch :-) Can't wait to see those blogs. I know you have a lot on your plate. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
thumbnail
9年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Thanks gordon,

yes, I want to write those blogs 2 months ago, but I've been very busy in and out work hours.

Hopefully it can be one of this weeks.

Juan: with your experience and empathy for the community, I know they will be informative.

thanks again
thumbnail
9年前 に M J によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 184 参加年月日: 13/03/01 最新の投稿
You CANNOT have a custom theme (some thing without the dreaded .aui) and the dockbar co-exist in 6.2 until Liferay team changes the foundation of 6.2 theme.
thumbnail
9年前 に Byrån Zaugg によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 252 参加年月日: 12/04/06 最新の投稿
M J:
You CANNOT have a custom theme (some thing without the dreaded .aui) and the dockbar co-exist in 6.2 until Liferay team changes the foundation of 6.2 theme.

That's hyperbole and doesn't help anyone. We have interns (some which had zero web experience before), on a regular basis, creating custom themes as a training exercise. It's critical that Portal is themeable.

If you want to go nuts, and avoid Bootstrap, you can. But you will loose out on the benefits it brings, and which we've designed around. You will also have to implement your own solutions which our Bootstrap integration solves.
thumbnail

Byrån Zaugg:
That's hyperbole and doesn't help anyone.

I agree. It's one thing to say "I have not been able to do it because I'm inexperienced or haven't figured it out", and quite another thing to say it cannot be done.

One can go to marketplace and see that themes can be created. My point was the new version is not easy. It is so different that so far I have not been successful. But we will learn.
thumbnail

I don't think it was a poke at you, gordon, but at MJ's comment about "it CANNOT be done...".

David: Yes I know it was not at me. I was responding to MJ's post. I guess I didn't do a very good job:-)

And I agree with your post.