掲示板

Welcome to the Social Office Early Adopter Program

thumbnail
14年前 に Bryan Cheung によって更新されました。

Welcome to the Social Office Early Adopter Program

Expert 投稿: 373 参加年月日: 04/08/27 最新の投稿
Hi Everyone,

Thank you again for your willingness to participate in the Social Office Early Adopter Program.

Here are the goals of this program:

1. Identify functional defects to help Liferay Inc. improve the quality and reliability of the software.

Feedback for goal 1 will be incorporated into updates to Social Office 1.5 leading to a GA release.

2. Identify ways to improve the usability of the software.

3. Identify ways to make the software more intuitive for business end
users (non-technical people).

Feedback for goals 2 and 3 may be incorporated into v1.5 or to a future version depending on whether the feedback requires a functional change to the software. For example, making a button bigger or changing its position might improve usability and only require a CSS change. These changes can be added to an update to 1.5. However, if the usability improvement is something like "Add a button to show such and such list" then that would be added to a future version.

4. Identify functional deficiencies or opportunities to enhance the software with additional capabilities.

Feedback for goal 4 will be incorporated into a future version of Social Office.

In order to keep the momentum of our existing open source community we will conduct the feedback in the public Social Office forum, but permissions to post in those forums will be restricted to EAP participants. Those who want to join in the conversation can apply to the EAP as it is in progress. Feedback will be solicited through our public JIRA as well.

Action Items

1. If you haven't already, please download the latest version of Social Office here:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/downloads/social_office

2. Please email me the email address you use for your account at Liferay.com so I can add you to the private message board thread.

Thanks again for your participation. We look forward to working with you all.

Best,
Bryan and the Social Office team
thumbnail

RE: Welcome to the Social Office Early Adopter Program

The Social Office EAP user group has been created. Please introduce yourselves to the rest of the team!
thumbnail
14年前 に Jamie L Sammons によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 33 参加年月日: 08/11/18 最新の投稿
Hi all,

My name is Jamie Sammons and I work at CDS Global in Des Moines Iowa: http://www.cds-global.com

We are a company of about 3000 employees world wide. We are currently preparing to move our WebSphere Portal installation to Liferay Portal and are using Social Office for Collaboration.
thumbnail

Thanks, Jamie. Good to finally put a face to a name. emoticon Welcome.
thumbnail
14年前 に Hennie de Villiers によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 78 参加年月日: 09/04/01 最新の投稿
Hi Bryan

Thanks for inviting us. I think it is going to be an interesting EAP with hopefully lots to look forward to.
thumbnail

Welcome Hennie!
thumbnail
14年前 に Lari Tuominen によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 283 参加年月日: 07/11/07 最新の投稿
Just wanted to say thanks for the EAP invitation!

Lately we have been showing Social Office to several of our customers and they have been really impressed about the maturity and the ease of use that SO provides.

Keep up the good work!

- Lari
thumbnail

Thanks, Lari. That's good news. What kinds of use cases do you find people using it for?
thumbnail
14年前 に Lari Tuominen によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 283 参加年月日: 07/11/07 最新の投稿
Hi Bryan,

Most of the uses cases we have encountered relate to common company "desktop" combined with lightweight intranet solution.

- Most of the times customers are asking if there's an easy way to get rid of the "exel-and-mail-it" type of sharing docs. There's definitely nothing wrong with MS exel and mail but the combination does not provide a viable means to share documents between different departments, since no-one knows who has the latest accurate version, etc.

- A way to share ideas & announce issues: Customers have been looking for an easy way to bring the latest news-type information in front of workers. Probably the most common use case?

- A need to create events and hopefully also invitations to those in the future? Event calendar have been asked a lot, and IMHO SO calendar is definitely a lot better that the one previous portals provided. However, every now and then our customers have been asking for a possibility to send invitations to others. I'm also willing to contribute on this issue if it's found to be useful? Basically it could provide the following features:

1. A way to send invitations to selected persons (or groups, people belonging to certain site, etc.)
2. Possibility to answer invitation: coming - not coming - (perhaps added with some extra information)
3. Event organizer could be able to see who is coming and who is not (minimal statistics, like seven out of ten is coming - so we keep the meeting.....).
4 I think I'll write a separate thread about this issue ;)

- An ability to share tacit knowledge. More precicely: For instance, someone makes a mistake or does someting really we'll, like handles customer visit perfectly. Often the question goes how can this kind of knowledge be shared effective accross the organization. (Wiki, blogs, etc?).

All in all, customers have been looking for an easy way to create and share different types of content. Some have been skeptic about the ease of use after having seen the Portal configuration as it use to be (separate portlets). In my opinion it's now pretty easy, but being truly extensive, it can create an illusion of diffuculty. However, now as they can see that most of the features are provided by default (the site contents), they are truly relieved!!!.

Finally, most of the people who have seen SO have said that it works like a dream and that it looks really good and clear!

- Lari
thumbnail

Thanks for all the great feedback, Lari. We'll be sure to consider this all for the 2.0 roadmap. And thanks for the positive comments!