掲示板

staging not accessible

9年前 に gordon daniels によって更新されました。

staging not accessible

Liferay Master 投稿: 797 参加年月日: 08/08/24 最新の投稿
I have staging activated on multi-portal instances. I was trying to fix a resolving issue of www and non www. Got that working but now when I click on the green staging bar in the main site, it just shows in the middle of the page 'You are signed in as Gordon'. I've tried disabling staging and then reactivatiing it but still has same behavior. The other sites staging still works.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this would be appreciated. I know I could restore a database backup and all would be well. However, I am trying to operate as if this were a production environment where you would not want to do that if at all possible.

thanks
thumbnail
9年前 に Jack Bakker によって更新されました。

RE: staging not accessible

Liferay Master 投稿: 978 参加年月日: 10/01/03 最新の投稿
To help describe your scenario, does your www/notwww approach involve:

in apache configs: http://mydomain.com which redirects (301) to http://www.mydomain.com

in liferay: is www.mydomain.com the virtualhost reference for the site ?

note that above is different from involving a ServerAlias approach in apache config

Jack: I think you just passed David :-) Yes that is exqctly the config: http:// resolving to www.

Virtual host is www.test.com

thanks
thumbnail

My fungi brand doesn't show all my colours.

Not sure how I would replicate your issue given the info you have provided.

Jack: Well, there is nothing in logs. I can restore a db backup and that will fix it. I am looking at network config to see if there is an issue with resolution on domain name.

thanks - although I am helping your standings :-)
thumbnail

So by restore from backups is a bailout where perhaps you suspect liferay database, liferay config, or perhaps apache configs are corrupted.

Not much to go on to help sleuth but sounds like you have your solution in mind.

Good Luck.

Jack: sorry for delay. Needed food. Yes, you have hit it right on the head. I suspect its my mod_jk not resolving right with lr. Or it could just be lr is corrupted. I noticed in playing with lr, if you make a lot of changes, sooner or later you have corruption. For some reason I keep playing with it. emoticon

thanks again
thumbnail

I admire David for his patience on these forums while providing potentially useful information.

mod_jk configs are in apache and tomcat and are very straight forward, I have provided examples. But questions about apache/mod_jk are perhaps not best placed in this forum tho we in this Liferay tech forum might try to help given many of us use apache2 in front

Jack: Restored backup from yesterday morning and all works now.

thank you for your help.
thumbnail

Glad things are working for you. I guess the root cause(s) will remain a mystery. Good luck !