掲示板

Make it easier to permission Organization Sites with Site Templates

9年前 に Russell Morrisey によって更新されました。

Make it easier to permission Organization Sites with Site Templates

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 14/06/20 最新の投稿
Right now, there's no good way to set up permissions for an Organization Site in a Site Template. Site Templates only allow permissions to be defined for Regular Roles and Site Roles. Organization Sites don't allow you to assign Site Roles (as far as I can determine). This means for each Organization, I have to permission each resource in the Organization Site individually.

I can think of two possible solutions:
  • When I'm creating or editing a Site Template, let me designate it as an Organization Site Template. Let me use Organization Roles to set permissions on items in the template. (Ex: Let me permission a certain page in the template so that only an Organization Administrator for the organization can see it.
  • OR... In the Site Administration for an Organization Site, let me add Site Roles to users within the organization.

I would like to request that one or both of these be implemented as new features. IMO, the first solution is the better one, since this allows me to handle all of the org site's permissions using org roles.

If there is an easier way to do what I'm describing, I am open to feedback.

Thanks,
thumbnail
9年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

RE: Make it easier to permission Organization Sites with Site Templates

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hey Russell,

You should be able to use Site Roles for Organization Sites just like you can for any other site. You just need to make sure to check "Enable manual membership management" within Site Management > Settings
9年前 に Russell Morrisey によって更新されました。

RE: Make it easier to permission Organization Sites with Site Templates

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 14/06/20 最新の投稿
Jorge,

Once I set that flag in site admin, I was able to assign site roles. I guess I misunderstood the reason why the User tab was missing. My apologies!

(I still maintain that it would be an improvement, though, to be able to permission the template using org roles.)