掲示板

Calendar Improvements

thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Calendar Improvements

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
Fair warning, I've been playing with a product called OBM that's got a lot of features that I'd love to see in Liferay, so brace for impact on the feature requests....

• Fine grained rights management (delegation, sharing, adding events to multiple calendars)
  • Resource calendars (things like meeting rooms, class rooms, projectors, presentation equipment)
  • Outlook and Thunderbird connectors
  • Meeting Scheduling
  • Workflows for conflict handling
  • Public and private events
  • Ability to add events to other Users, User Group, Community, & Org Calendars with approval
  • PDA Connectors (Microsoft, Crackberry, Android, iPhone)
thumbnail
14年前 に Vipin Menon によって更新されました。

RE: Calendar Improvements

Junior Member 投稿: 75 参加年月日: 07/09/12 最新の投稿
1. Addition of Html like feature (Line breaks \ Url \ Images) in event description
2. Would like to see Ajax like feature where user can see description on mose hover of events

- Vipin
thumbnail
14年前 に Juan Fernández によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1261 参加年月日: 08/10/02 最新の投稿
Lisa Simpson:

• Outlook and Thunderbird connectors

Hi Lisa:

I agree with the idea that we have to improve our calendar, make it possible to share and synchronized with mobile devices, and I have been talking with many customer about this portlet, but the final question is: are we able to compete with Outlook or Thunderbird?

People who use those programms surely won't change, and the rest won't need those connectors... so, does it worth the effort of developing this?

Let's discuss this
Thanks for all
Juan Fernández
thumbnail
14年前 に Patrick Steil によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 09/12/30 最新の投稿
I would love to see integration with Google Calendars... since Google can integrate with everything else, that may be the easiest way to go... emoticon
thumbnail

Patrick Steil:
I would love to see integration with Google Calendars... since Google can integrate with everything else, that may be the easiest way to go... emoticon

Hi Patrick:

why don't you define that integration so that we can see what do you (and other users) exactly wish?
thumbnail

We want to be able to add, update, and sync events with Desktops and mobile devices.

For example, some things should be a straight push from Liferay outward -> e.g. public events that are out on our external calendar.

Other things - like my personal events - need to be able to be added from my hand held as well as retrieving and pointing out conflicts.
thumbnail

Um... that sounds well.
Community: any more ideas?

I'd like to see if there's a schedule or a planning for the calendar improvements for the next release.

If I figure out anything, I'll make you know
Regards
Juan
14年前 に Senthil Chockalingam によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 58 参加年月日: 10/01/18 最新の投稿
Hi Friend,

For us the challenge is " We want only the << monthly calendar >> with and current day event.". we have searched manually but there is no detailed code for this. Can you help us on this Challenge.
thumbnail

If you have features that are imporant to you, I would suggest that you vote for them in the Proposals Wiki. Most of what is in this thread has been included on the Calendar wiki page.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jörg Richter によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 08/09/02 最新の投稿
Hallo Juan,

i thought about Calendar and saw this Portlet as part of a PIM functionality (contacts, calendars, tasks). The ideas are for all parts the same.

- the permissions should be defined in an more differentiated way, to enable view and edit for
explicit Users, Groups, Communities, etc.
- Calenders should be "imported" to view events of other Calendars, or be able to edit them
- it should be possible to view all events of the Calendars hierarchical under one Callendar, e.g. organisation Calendar shows all location events and userevents , with configurable depth

Synchonisation
- sync with standard protocoll like syncML or the new CalDAV. syncML has many Clients and many mobile Phones are able to sync with syncML.
- sync or Export is possible with one Calendar. By the possibility to view events of other calendars with one export the user is able to sync all his events on on eplace.
- sync or Import is possible with ine Calendar. Export and Import uses the same Callendar. This Calendar have to be editable by the current User.

- case event changed by user: if the user is able to edit this event the original event will be changed. If User don't have the edit permission, the Event will be stored as private event in his personal Calendar.
- case new event is synchroniced: The new Event will be stored in the Calendar the user sync with and the evend is viewable for all other users, witch are able to view that calendar, but not editable. To make the event editable the user has to make this online.

Comments to Events
- the User should be able to add comments to an event. These comments should have the same view hierarchy permissions like events. So an event viewable for a organisation can have comments viewable by only one user or some locations. e.G. Event:weekly meeting, Comment for one group:oh no it's so boring and every time the same. ;-)

events
- what's about the end date? and time? Wouldn't it be better, if you're entering an event with start datetime and enddatetime that this event will be shown from start till end? I think this is currently not possible, but should. e.g. if your event is holiday, you start at monday at 7 and come back one week later at friday at 10, this should be shown in calendar.

- in the view events by configuration it should be possible to hide events already gone by.
14年前 に Pablo M Mino によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 135 参加年月日: 09/10/02 最新の投稿
Lisa Simpson:
  • Ability to add events to other Users, User Group, Community, & Org Calendars with approval

• I don't see this on the wiki, I think that's a must, and add it the ability to send mail reminders to those specific users, not just event owner

My experience using shared calendars comes from Microsoft Outlook, we are always having small meetings every hour and with members accross organizations and user groups, an obvious scenario that I'm unable to solve with the current calendar is when I want chiefs from different areas to have a meeting

People even use MS outlook for scheduling smoke breaks :S
    11年前 に Gaurav Shirbhate によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 24 参加年月日: 12/09/27 最新の投稿
    I am using calendar portlet which is provided by liferay. I have to customize that is it possible please give me solution for this.