掲示板

Ryan Schuhler Macro - Use or Not?

9年前 に gordon daniels によって更新されました。

Ryan Schuhler Macro - Use or Not?

Liferay Master 投稿: 797 参加年月日: 08/08/24 最新の投稿
Hi Ryan,

A year ago Bradley Wood sent me a link to a macro you created for multilevel drop down menu. I missed placed it and recently came across it. I implemented it in my theme on 6.1.2ga3. It does incrediable job of multilevel menus! Thanks for that. However, I have two questions about it:

1. The styling does not work with theme and I have yet to figure out how to style it. Could you point me to where I need to style it?

2. Maybe this question should have been first. Should I use this macro? Is there a down side to using this?

thanks for your help

macro link to refresh your memory: :-)

https://github.com/ryanschuhler/liferay-portal/blob/e184230ed76459397ccd310095dd32dea8fa45a2/portal-web/docroot/html/themes/_unstyled/templates/init.vm#L432

https://github.com/ryanschuhler/liferay-portal/blob/e184230ed76459397ccd310095dd32dea8fa45a2/portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic/_diffs/templates/navigation.vm
thumbnail
9年前 に Jack Bakker によって更新されました。

RE: Ryan Schuhler Macro - Use or Not?

Liferay Master 投稿: 978 参加年月日: 10/01/03 最新の投稿
I don't think a 6.x theme category is specific enough

6.0.*
6.1.*
6.2.*

all very different

Jack: Hi, I guess not understanding your reply. I said it was 6.1.2ga3 theme. Or, are you saying his macro is too generelized?
thumbnail
9年前 に Jack Bakker によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 978 参加年月日: 10/01/03 最新の投稿
gordon daniels:
Jack: Hi, I guess not understanding your reply. I said it was 6.1.2ga3 theme. Or, are you saying his macro is too generelized?

Sorry Gordon, my post was more a general comment about the forum category available. I wasn't that much help to you specifically tho perhaps the irony is amusing to some.
thumbnail
9年前 に Ryan Schuhler によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 77 参加年月日: 12/07/06 最新の投稿
Hey Gordon,

It should be fine to use that macro. It could be cleaned up a little, but I think everything should work fine. If you wanted to use it you could copy lines 385-451 in the init.vm and paste them into your theme's init_custom. Then copy and paste the entire navigation.vm into your theme. This would give you the functionality, you would have to custom style the theme yourself, so add all of the styles into your custom.css in your theme. If you wanted to copy the styles from the classic theme you could just use the "Main Navigation" section from the classic theme custom.css.

Hope that answers your question and gives you a place to start.

-Ryan

Ryan: Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really like this macro, it works beautifully. Thank you for the suggestions. BTW, I have been implementing your blogs on my test server. Having a blast with popups, scrolling nav bar and so on. Thank you for all this!

regards
thumbnail
9年前 に Ryan Schuhler によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 77 参加年月日: 12/07/06 最新の投稿
Glad you are finding them helpful. I haven't had the chance to blog recently, I should make time for it again.

Good luck in all your development,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan.