掲示板

Liferay 6.2 portlet developer

thumbnail
9年前 に George geovin Vincent によって更新されました。

Liferay 6.2 portlet developer

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 14/06/25 最新の投稿
Hi friends,
I am new to liferay portlet development currently i am using 6.2 CE ga1 version.
Why proper document is not available for developing complete portlet just like any other languages c,c++,python,etc....
Documents which are given in official site it is not so clear for new developers like me.
I felt that the document is only meant those who aware of liferay development is it so.
I find difficult to develop new theme and portlet please help me

Sorry for my english
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay 6.2 portlet developer

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Liferay doesn't document how to create a portlet because there are numerous methods of doing so.

You can use (as a short list):

Struts 1/JSP
Struts 2/JSP
Spring MVC/JSP
Vaadin
ZK
JSF (using various JSF tag libraries)
Facelets (using various Facelets-compatible tag libraries)

Liferay is a platform for hosting JSR-186 and JSR-268 compatible portlets. To that end, you are expected to know how to code to those specifications. Liferay's only responsibility is to show how to take advantage of Liferay-specific APIs and extensions.

However, if you don't even know the basics of the two JSRs, you will be completely overwhelmed. It's like trying to understand calculus before you've even learned about algebra.

Additionally, you've probably downloaded Liferay CE for free, haven't paid them a dime (they are still a business), yet you also want them to train you to be a productive developer also for free? When do they get paid? When do they recoup the capital to remain in business?
thumbnail

Yes David i was trying to understand calculus before i have even learned about algebra.

I have learnt java,Python and scripting languages and i worked with bootstrap also i haven't advanced concepts like frame work in java, AUI.
Couple of years i am working in Open ERP 7.0 as developer currently i have ask to switch over to new department so i do not know what to do with this.
i have cobweb in my mind about liferay 6.2. So what would you recommend for me to learn and develop portlet and themes.

i would like to develop layout, theme, portlet very much used by developers fast to learn and develop. also i am curious about running the source in server the language i choose should run faster.please list down couple of things i need to learn.

Sorry for my English. Thank you for your golden time spending it for me
thumbnail
9年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
How about starting on the Developer Guide?

Also, I've just started a (scheduled weekly) blog series The Learning Curve, listing more resources - to be continued next week with "documentation".
thumbnail

Thank you Olaf Kock i've seen your blog it sounds good for me. Also i have started to follow these two liks for development
http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2014/05/liferay-mvc-portlet-development-with.html
and
http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2014/04/liferay-mvc-portlet-development.html
I do not know how far this guides are going to help me.
For liferay customization should i need to know all the area in liferay or few or enough and what are the basic knowledge required for portlet and theme development.
thumbnail
9年前 に mohammad azaruddin によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 492 参加年月日: 12/09/17 最新の投稿