掲示板

impossible to find pricing?

9年前 に Giuseppe Luigi Punzi によって更新されました。

impossible to find pricing?

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 14/08/02 最新の投稿
Hi.

We are evaluating Liferay for a new project (and others new projects) , and is nearly impossible to find EE price. Why?

I know it's not the same 1 or 200 licenses,but come on, if 1 license costs 1000, 2 will be 2000 or less. I don't want exact price because don't know yet the total size of the project, just an approximation of the average price (or price of 1 license) to know if numbers are appropriate to my customer and to me. Liferay can be marvelous,but maybe,if the price of one license is 500000$ then, I stop reading documentation and thinking about specialize on it, and look sadly on other options, if price is in my budget or my customer's badgets, then continue planning and studying, it's easy. Really,don't understand all this efforts to hide pricing.

I know comparations is not good,but i find exo platform price on 20 seconds, and after 2 hours searching, I don't know yet the liferay price. Maybe liferay is much better, but I can plan just with the info I founded.

If anybody can give me simple numbers,just as curiosity, why pricing is the best secret keeped by iluminaty?

Regards.
9年前 に Arun R S Chandran によって更新されました。

RE: impossible to find pricing?

Regular Member 投稿: 149 参加年月日: 13/03/12 最新の投稿
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi:
Hi.

We are evaluating Liferay for a new project (and others new projects) , and is nearly impossible to find EE price. Why?

I know it's not the same 1 or 200 licenses,but come on, if 1 license costs 1000, 2 will be 2000 or less. I don't want exact price because don't know yet the total size of the project, just an approximation of the average price (or price of 1 license) to know if numbers are appropriate to my customer and to me. Liferay can be marvelous,but maybe,if the price of one license is 500000$ then, I stop reading documentation and thinking about specialize on it, and look sadly on other options, if price is in my budget or my customer's badgets, then continue planning and studying, it's easy. Really,don't understand all this efforts to hide pricing.

I know comparations is not good,but i find exo platform price on 20 seconds, and after 2 hours searching, I don't know yet the liferay price. Maybe liferay is much better, but I can plan just with the info I founded.

If anybody can give me simple numbers,just as curiosity, why pricing is the best secret keeped by iluminaty?

Regards.

Dear Punzi,

You can try for a free demo with Liferay and possibly in those you can do your benchmark study as well as the pricing. There may be some reason Liferay doesn't want to publish pricing publicly. One example is because of industry competition. Also pricing may subjected to change. Publishing the pricing accordingly is not a good thing that may misguide people. So I would recommend after the free demo you can try decide whether to go with it or not.

Hope that helps you.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Pricing is based off of many factors, including how many cores you have, whether you're clustering and how many nodes in the cluster, ...

While Liferay may have some sort of formula for the initial pricing, it is internal to them and obviously subject to change when they need it to.

When you get the evaluation license, you supply contact information and a Liferay sales rep will reach out to you, so at that point you can begin the cost discussion.
thumbnail
9年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Easy: Just choose "For Business" in the navigation on top of this page, "Enterprise Subscription" and then "Get a quote". Or email sales at liferay.com

Thanks to all for your comments.

I did IT. I sent a mail, I got an answer one day later, and still without info. Great.
thumbnail

So, what was the reply like? (and the question would be interesting as well)
  • "We don't give out prices"? (most likely not)
  • "What's the installation size you're intending to subscribe"?
  • "What's the service level you're interested in"?
  • ...other...?

Funny how one can be in contact with a sales person already and then complain publically (instead to them) that they're not meeting ones own unstated expectations, implicitly blaming the sales person for that. Clearly demonstrates supremacy.

No answer required - just keep the conversation with the sales rep up. I'm sure you'll get your information

Hi Olaf,

Question was about pricing, answer was asking about size of project and so on, and I answer this question. Then, silence, since 4 August.

I think it's not needed about 10 days to answer an easy question. Maybe problem is our little company, or our little customers, don't know. But I'm not complaining about expectations, I'm complaining about lack of interest.If our company and/or customers are not so important for Liferay, then, a short answer "You are not so important" is enough. No problem, I or our customers can't pay for Oracle Exadata, and I don't blame Oracle for thath.

It's all about respect.
thumbnail

Hi Giuseppe,

I'm sorry to hear of this experience. I'll locate the sales rep who was in charge and check what has happened (and remind them to answer). I fully agree with your statement - and there's nothing to worry about size. Let me know if you need further help

Olaf

I got again contact.

Thanks for your interest and fast actuation.

Regards.