掲示板

Trying to get community version to work on windows 8.1

9年前 に Gabriel Driver-Wilson によって更新されました。

Trying to get community version to work on windows 8.1

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 14/08/01 最新の投稿
Hello,

So I've literally been trying to do this all day. I download the zip file, unzip it, go to the startup.bat file and click it and all that happens is the command prompt flashes way too fast for me to read anything on it and then nothing. I've done all of this probably 10 times. Nothing is working not even on older versions of Liferay portal. Someone please give me a very very very detailed explanation of how to get this to work
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Trying to get community version to work on windows 8.1

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Do you have java installed? Is it in the path?

The bundle comes with a pretty old version of java 1.6 (u26 or 21 or something like that) which may be choking.

Yes I have java installed, and I am using the tomcat bundle but still no luck.

I really have no idea why it wont work.
thumbnail
9年前 に Samuel Kong によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1902 参加年月日: 08/03/10 最新の投稿
As David suggested, it seems like you don't have a Java installed. If you're not sure how to install and configure Java, try downloading the Tomcat bundle that includes the JRE.
thumbnail
9年前 に Jeffrey Handa によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 541 参加年月日: 08/12/01 最新の投稿
Hi Gabriel,

Try running the startup.bat from the command line rather than double clicking on it. It will be easier to see any error messages that get generated.

Ok I did that and now I can see that it says this:

Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined. At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program

So what does that mean?
thumbnail
9年前 に Jeffrey Handa によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 541 参加年月日: 08/12/01 最新の投稿
Hi Gabriel,

You'll need to use the link that Sam provided. It's a different bundle than the one you probably downloaded from https://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases. By default, Liferay 6.2 bundles don't include the JRE, but the one that Sam linked to does.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Gabriel Driver-Wilson:
Ok I did that and now I can see that it says this:

Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined. At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program

So what does that mean?

Basically you need to know where you installed the JDK to. I usually do something like c:\jdk1.6.0_45 or something.

With that knowledge you can do the stuff here: http://javarevisited.blogspot.com/2013/02/windows-8-set-path-and-classpath-java-windows-7.html

The value you use is the value you figured out above, for me I would be using JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.6.0_45. For good measure I also prefix the PATH environment variable with %JAVA_HOME%\bin;... just so I know it will find my java and not some M$ crappy version like they did for awhile.

For a quick fix, you can also type "set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.6.0_45" (but use your real path) in the console window you have open, then redo the "startup.bat" command. It's only a quick fix because the value will be lost after you exit the console window.

Changing the environment variable will mean that you'll be able to just double-click the startup.bat file like you wanted to, so that's probably the route you'll want to take.