掲示板

Multiple navigations

9年前 に Jimit Shah によって更新されました。

Multiple navigations

Junior Member 投稿: 62 参加年月日: 14/02/05 最新の投稿
Hi,
My requirement is that I should have two navigations on my page. One would be at the top and the second at the bottom. So, is it possible to include two different navigation velocity files in my portal_normal.vm ? Or is there any other way to do it ?
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Multiple navigations

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Sure, you can replicate the stuff for the top nav bar in the footer. Note, however, that this can negatively impact UX. When you have a nav bar at the bottom that comes up when you hover, it's typically a drop down, not up, which dynamically changes the page height and will force some weird scrolling behavior for the user.

Normally the bottom nav is not so much a menu as much as it is a condensed yet flattened set of links for pages so you don't have to worry about the dynamic display issues.
thumbnail
9年前 に Ryan Schuhler によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 77 参加年月日: 12/07/06 最新の投稿
Yes, like David said you can implement a footer nav. You can do this either by just writing it straight into the portal_normal (which might be easier if if its just a couple of static links) or you could create another velocity file and parse it in the footer. Basically you can create any velocity file (footer_navigation.vm for example) and put it in your /diffs/templates/ folder of the theme and they you can call it into portal_normal.vm wherever you want to use it and it would look like
#parse ("$full_templates_path/footer_navigation.vm")

Hi,
As suggested I have added a footer_nav.vm in the the footer section and I am getting a navigation at the bottom. Now my requirement is that I need a different set of pages at the bottom. How to do that?

Regards.
thumbnail
9年前 に Ahmed bouchriha によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 55 参加年月日: 12/05/04 最新の投稿
Hi

You can use the solution explained here

Themeray

Best Regards
thumbnail
9年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Jimit Shah:
Now my requirement is that I need a different set of pages at the bottom.

It would really help to know what different means in your case. Configurable? Fixed? Dynamic? What do you currently have in your footer navigation? If you just copied "navigation.vm", you obviously have the same. What in that file don't you understand to know how to apply the same principle to a different set of pages?

Olaf Kock:
Jimit Shah:
Now my requirement is that I need a different set of pages at the bottom.

It would really help to know what different means in your case. Configurable? Fixed? Dynamic? What do you currently have in your footer navigation? If you just copied "navigation.vm", you obviously have the same. What in that file don't you understand to know how to apply the same principle to a different set of pages?

Hi Olaf,
Thanks for the reply.
My requirement is that I want a different set of pages in the footer navigation with the same functionality as that of normal navigation, i.e. I should be able to add pages in the footer navigation dynamically. However these pages must be different from that of the top navigation and both the navigations should not interfere with each other in any way.
I have worked out a work around for this, though it is not quite effective. I have ten pages combining both the top and the footer navigation.What I have done is, I have executed the loop in the top navigation file for the first five times and in the footer navigation file for the next five times. But with this work around, adding of pages dynamically to any of the navigations won't be easy.

Regards.
thumbnail
9年前 に Ramanjeneyulu Bodepudi によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 42 参加年月日: 12/02/24 最新の投稿
Yes it should possible, But you have maintain velocity count in navigation.vm file .

1.Top should be upto specific velocity count
2.Bottom should be start velocity count next to top.

Finally you have to apply your styles based on your navigation.