掲示板

6.2 cannot get custom.css to insert a background image

9年前 に gordon daniels によって更新されました。

6.2 cannot get custom.css to insert a background image

Liferay Master 投稿: 797 参加年月日: 08/08/24 最新の投稿
I am trying to learn how to modify a theme in 6.2. I am using the 'Classic' theme. I want to insert a background image for the body of the portal. I just can't figure out the syntax. If I put 'background: url(../images/common/background.png) no-repeat;, then deploy, the entry is removed from custom.css.

Could someone point me to how I might accomplish this?

thanks
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: 6.2 cannot get custom.css to insert a background image

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Are you making your changes in the _diffs folder?

When you build a theme, the following steps occur:

1. The parent theme files are copied into docroot folder, overwriting whatever is there (except for the _diffs folder).
2. The files in the _diffs folder are copied up a directory, overwriting the files that were put there for the parent.

So if you're not using diffs, step #1 overwrites your change.

David: thanks for the reply. Now you know after 7 years playing with LR I know how to create a theme :-) . I can put background-image in /diffs/css/aui.css and it will change the background. However, any change I make to custom.css (using classic's) will get over written by imports from variable file in aui directory. If I make a change in the variable file for background-image it does not change the background. I could be using the wrong syntax or possible that needs to be defined in 'media_quiries'.

So, I was curious to how to make that happen.

Personally, I use 'Bootswatchr.org' to create my themes and then incorporate them into LR. I still have not figured out how 6.2 can be modified. Meaning is it done with the aui.css, _variable.scss or what? But I will figure it out :-)

thanks again
thumbnail

Yeah isn't it fun emoticon

Could be the scss, it does get compiled into Css, but if it occurs after the diffs merge, that could be where the overwrite occurs.

Can you track through the build to see when the overwrite happens?

David: I don't have any developer tools installed for debugging. emoticon Any recommendations of what to use?
thumbnail

Sorry, I guess I meant looking at the output of the build to see if there is something in the sequence that is doing the overwrite. Also expand the war to see what is getting deployed to liferay.

All good suggestions. Thanks David.