掲示板

Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 6 - Roles

14年前 に Usha Ramamurthy によって更新されました。

Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 6 - Roles

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 07/11/12 最新の投稿
Hi,

I upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.2.3 keeping the old algorithm 2. I would like to now convert to alogirthm 6 and used the tool under Data Migration in the control panel. Everything ran smoothly according to the logs. I then changed the property to permissions.user.check.algorithm=6 and restarted tomcat.

I am now noticing some problems.

1. All Users were not showing up in the Users link of the Control panel. The count was showing up incrementally with every click of the Users link. After clicking several times on the Users link, I got all the users to list.

2. The Roles are not showing up when I click on the 'Roles' link - the originally created roles or the newly autogenerated roles.
The Roles are showing up under the user details or community 'Assign Roles' tab. The roles are present in the database.
Is there a way to refresh and get them to show up in the Control panel?

Also, what do we do with the autogenerated roles?

Thanks,
Usha

RE: Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 6 - Roles

Hi,

Is there anyone who has had a similar problem?

Thanks,
Usha
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi Usha,

You may refer to this.

Abstracted from the book: Liferay Portal 6 Enterprise Intranets

Data Migration

In addition, you may plan to move data from algorithms 1-4 to 5-6 (RBAC). You can do it as follows.
• Click on Server Administration under the category Server of Control Panel.
• Click on tab Data Migration;
• Click on Execute button to convert legacy permission algorithm as shown in following screenshot.

Note that automatic conversion will create all necessary roles to support all existing permission assignments and it will let you merge them manually if so desired, e.g., merging redundant roles, reassigning system roles, etc. When moving to algorithms 1-4 to 5-6 (RBAC), you would lose functionality in exchange for speed and maintainability. A golden rule: if you don't want that, don't migrate.

Hope that it helps,

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets

Hi Jonas,

I did execute all the steps tha you mentioned in the extract. However there is no option (not sure when it is coming) to merge redundant roles or reassign system roles in the 5.2.3 SE.
Please let me know if it is available in the EE which we will be purchasing shortly,
Also, is it a bug that the roles are not showing up in the 'Roles' link in the control panel after the data migration for the algorithm.
Although the count of the results for roles seem to show correctly, the roles themselves don't display.

Thanks,
Usha

RE: Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 6 - Roles _ resolution

The database needed to be retarted and the roles in the COntrol Panel began to display
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi Usha,

The Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 5 - is available in EE 5.2.

By the way, algorithm 6 will work for 6.0 or above.

Hope that it helps.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
thumbnail
11年前 に Marco Ferretti によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 100 参加年月日: 10/10/04 最新の投稿
Jonas Yuan:
Hi Usha,

The Data Migration - algorithm 2 to algorithm 5 - is available in EE 5.2.

By the way, algorithm 6 will work for 6.0 or above.

Hope that it helps.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------

Sorry for jumping into this thread but it looked "promising".

I am upgrading algorithm from 2 to 6 using liferay 6.0.6; staying with algorithm 2 is not an option since AFAIK LF 6.2 will only support algorithm 6. I have 45 users 15 roles and 6 communities : not a big installation... but after migrating to algorithm 6 I have 1216 roles which is ( IMHO ) a bit too much. Randomly inspecting the roles I noticed that they are all ( the ones I checked ) empty (no permission defined) . Even if I do not check the "create custom roles" tick I end up with the same amount of generated roles.... this looks a lot like a bug to me ! If not, please let me know what I am doing wrong. Also, is there any way to merge/get rid of all those roles ???

TIA

Marco