掲示板

Is it possible to add extra columns in a default liferay table?

thumbnail
9年前 に Arunjyoti Banik によって更新されました。

Is it possible to add extra columns in a default liferay table?

Junior Member 投稿: 74 参加年月日: 14/08/26 最新の投稿
I know by service builder I can add an entire custom table but is it possible to add extra columns in a default liferay table?
if yes, how? any documentation I can read will be very helpful.
thumbnail
9年前 に Jeffrey Paul Handa によって更新されました。

RE: Is it possible to add extra columns in a default liferay table?

Liferay Master 投稿: 541 参加年月日: 08/12/01 最新の投稿
Hi Arunjyoti,

If you're looking to extend a Liferay defined entity, take a look at Custom Fields (Expandos). They allow you to easily add new data to an existing Liferay defined entity without modifying the database.

https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/custom-fields-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-17-en
thumbnail

Thanks Paul.

I knew expandotable are the easiest way for this but I just wanted to know whether it can be done. Because I cant figure out what is this dynamicquery used for.
thumbnail

Arunjyoti Banik:
Because I cant figure out what is this dynamicquery used for.

There is a Liferay Developer Network article that discusses Liferay's DynamicQuery API.
thumbnail

And Sorry I forgot to mention, I want to create custom field for PasswordPolicy table but I cant find PasswordPolicy as resource for creating custom fields. Can you help please.
thumbnail

Ah, in that case you would need to extend the Liferay service (table), but to do that you'd actually create a second service that references the first. This used to be the approach before Expandos. This wiki article should still be relevant: https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Extend+Liferay+Tables

Never modify any Liferay tables directly. It will definitely cause problems in the future.
thumbnail

Hiii Jeffrey,

Sorry for replying 2 months later. I did it as you said with expandos, I just created them programmatically. As a matter of fact, I realised any object for which getExpandoBridge() method comes, we can create custom field for that resource.

Thanks again for your help emoticon

Arun