掲示板

source control with git for service portlet

thumbnail
9年前 に Jack Bakker によって更新されました。

source control with git for service portlet

Liferay Master 投稿: 978 参加年月日: 10/01/03 最新の投稿
I have a portlet devoted to services with 2nd db backend. I share the war with other developers and to staging/prod but am challenged on version control for myself and to share with git given the volatility of the code, any experience/recommendations ?
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: source control with git for service portlet

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Go with two branches, a master and a dev branch. Do your dev in the dev branch (this isolates volatility exposure to others), then use pull request to sync updates to master.
thumbnail

Apologies for not being clear with my original post.

A project which has servicebuilder generated code in it is rather different from say a MVCPortlet project.

Adding all the generated files to git index seems unnecessary. Creating a unique .gitignore for a service project helps, but then if I add an entity and build services, I have to go in and add to the git index many newly generated files.

I'm trying to make it more convenient for myself and also speed up pushing changes to remotes.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
The problem is the build number incremented in service.properties. With everyone building their own, the build number will get out of sync and will be a pain trying to manage.

You're better off sharing the jar w/ others, but not have them do the building.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
The problem is the build number incremented in service.properties. With everyone building their own, the build number will get out of sync and will be a pain trying to manage.

You're better off sharing the jar w/ others, but not have them do the building.

yes, pain to manage