掲示板

Extend Liferay session from an external application

thumbnail
9年前 に Ritabrata Mukherjee によって更新されました。

Extend Liferay session from an external application

New Member 投稿: 21 参加年月日: 14/03/12 最新の投稿
Hello,
We are opening an external web application from our Liferay 6.1 portal navigation menu, in the same browser tab. The user will navigate to this application and keep working there. During that time, we need a mechanism to keep the Liferay session alive (extend that session) from that external site.

Are there any standard mechanism for session keep-alive / extend in Liferay which we can use for this ? For example, a Liferay URL which can be invoked by that external application through a heartbeat message etc. Please comment if you have done anything similar, or best practices.

FYI - There are no external security systems like CAS or Siteminder. And Liferay portal has a 15 minute session timeout set.

Thanks !
Rito
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Extend Liferay session from an external application

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Liferay has a heartbeat mechanism, but I'm not sure you can actually include it, it's going to be based upon cookies bound to that server, not yours.
thumbnail

David,
Do you have any documentation/references on the heartbeat mechanism you mentioned ?

Also, I was thinking if the external application can hit a URL to a static file on Liferay (being on the same browser) and would that extend the portal session ?

Thanks,
Rito
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Nah, won't work. It's the full package, the incoming cookies, etc., that go in w/ the browser request. So even if you could rig something up using JS, I don't think you can access someone else's cookies, someone else's server/url... All kinds of cross browser scripting issues that may pose you problems.

As far as the url goes, it's just http://myhost[:myport]/portal/extend_session
thumbnail

Thanks, we will try with the session extend URL.
7年前 に ray d によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 17/04/20 最新の投稿
Are you able to extend the session from external application ? I have a similar requirement too.