掲示板

Option to intact the site level changes while using site template

9年前 に Ankur Jhawar によって更新されました。

Option to intact the site level changes while using site template

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 14/11/07 最新の投稿
I am working on a POC for site templates and sites. I am able to get the propagation of the changes from the site template to the site, but there is something that seems to be un-comforting:

What I am doing here: a. I created a site template, and added say a blog, navigation, calender to it. b. I created a site named A which is using the aforementioned site template.. thus I can see those above configured applications in site A. c. Now I added some site A level apps like wiki, and polls.

Now, I get a message that says "Reset changes" (as the site changes are not same as its template). So I did a reset and all site level changes like wiki and polls are lost.

I know we can disable propagation of these changes, post site creation, but we have a requirement as per which we need to update content in the site template, which should be propagated, to all the sites using that template, ensuring all the site level changes are intacted.

Question:

Is there a way wherein we can sustain the site level changes, along with the new changes in the site template (reset does not seems to be working as per this requirement)?

Note: We are looking for an out-of-the-box solution from Liferay, before jumping to any customization (but any idea on would be welcomed).

Liferay version : Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.2 CE GA2 (Newton / Build 6201 / March 20, 2014)

Any pointer would be a great help.

Cheers!! AJ
thumbnail
9年前 に Samuel Kong によって更新されました。

RE: Option to intact the site level changes while using site template

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1902 参加年月日: 08/03/10 最新の投稿
If you want the changes to your site template to change Site A, you can't really make changes to site A. If you make changes to Site A, the template won't know how to update your site when the template is changed.

Try using using page templates instead. You can't make changes to a page that is using a page template, but you'll be able to add additional pages to your site.
9年前 に Ankur Jhawar によって更新されました。

RE: Option to intact the site level changes while using site template

Thanks for the input.

We tried page templates and they do not match the project requirements.

I wished to check whether there is anything in the site template (or liferay) that allows to do selective propagation (like inheritance in java or oops) to the dependent sites.

Cheers!
AJ
8年前 に Ankur Jhawar によって更新されました。

RE: Option to intact the site level changes while using site template (回答)

The suggestion here would be to use templates (page or site as per the requirement), this helps in define the placeholders for the site/page.

Once you inherit (done using propogation ), at the time of the site creation we can disable this flag to avoid "reset changes" event.

Note: This does not propagate the content from the template to the child sites.