掲示板

Migration from liferay CE 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2

thumbnail
9年前 に Nitin Yeola によって更新されました。

Migration from liferay CE 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 14/01/16 最新の投稿
Hello,

Does anybody know the exact step to migrate from liferay CE 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2?

Migration with all custom plug-ins.

regards,
Nitin
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Migration from liferay CC 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14915 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
There's two types, environ migration and code migration.

Environment is the easiest one. Back up database and data directory, point LR6.2 at them, then fire it up and hope it completes successfully. Most likely cause of failure is some sort of data issue, so if you get a failure you typically need to restore db and data dir, fix data issue, then start Liferay again.

Code migration is trickier. Themes need to be adjusted to the new class names. JSPs which use existing AUI classes have to be changed. Some APIs have also changed, so you'll have to attempt compilation and fix all compile errors. Hooks must be checked to ensure they still apply and that you're not undoing some bug fix that Liferay has included.

If you're using the SDK, you pull the 6.2 sdk and copy all of your plugins over to it an do builds then fix problems. If you're using maven, you just update the Liferay version and do a clean package.
thumbnail

RE: Migration from liferay CC 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2

Thanks David.

We did point 6.2 environment to 6.1 DBbut we are getting exception related to database.

regards
Nitin
thumbnail
9年前 に Ravi Kumar Gupta によって更新されました。

RE: Migration from liferay CE 6.1GA2 Liferay 6.2

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1302 参加年月日: 09/06/24 最新の投稿
Well Nitin, while this topic improves with exercise and experience, I suggest you to provide logs so that one can analyze. I hope you did read the documentation on Upgrading Liferay
thumbnail

Hi Ravi,

We are getting following in logs after which migration process get stopped.

04:19:28,046 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:457] Unknown table 'resource_': drop table Resource_;_ [Sanitized]
04:19:28,046 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:457] Unknown table 'resourcecode': drop table ResourceCode;_ [Sanitized]
thumbnail

And after that did you try to restart liferay.. ?

If yes, what are you getting, in both ui and console.
thumbnail

Yes, we have restarted liferay but it was stopped at same point as mentioned earlier.
thumbnail

I would need to perform and see this.. emoticon

Till then, few points which can help you debugging this..
- Try enabling show_sql
hibernate.show_sql=true in portal-ext.properties file.
- Try enabling full logs for the classes being involved in migration process. Log level All/Trace
thumbnail

Ok. I will do that I let you know .
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Nitin Yeola:
Hi Ravi,

We are getting following in logs after which migration process get stopped.

04:19:28,046 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:457] Unknown table 'resource_': drop table Resource_;_ [Sanitized]
04:19:28,046 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:457] Unknown table 'resourcecode': drop table ResourceCode;_ [Sanitized]

I would restore your backup db from 6.1 and check that these two tables actually exist there. I don't believe these are the first errors, but look more like errors coming after a restart.

Any time the Liferay upgrade fails, you must roll the database and data directories back to the clean 6.1 state before restarting the upgrade. Liferay cannot recover from a previous upgrade failure, you must revert for the upgrade to have any chance of succeeding...
thumbnail
9年前 に Shashikant Sharma によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 13/08/16 最新の投稿
Hi All,

We are working on migrating LR 6.1 CE GA2 to 6..2 CE GA2.

We are facing issues in Search Portlet. Post the setup the Search doesn't work for Blogs and Wikis.
Once any blog / wiki is republished, the search shows the particular blog / wiki in results.
we tried re-indexing but that didn't help.

Kindly help!

Thanks,
shashi
8年前 に Amine Boukaboub によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 15/04/21 最新の投稿
Hi David,
I have to do the upgrade from Liferay 6.1 to Liferay 6.2, and i am facing a similar issue.
What i found, in order to fully migrated, I must:
made a backup of the database.
unzip the package
make a first launch
connect the data base
copy the data folder (delete existing directories)
restart the server

I had just one error, about Lucene index problem: Initializing Lucene writer failed for 0
I tried to:
-empty the lucene folder
-rebuild all search indices

My probleme, is wen after deploying my Portlets, or hook (without error), during the regression tests,i have a lot of errors, that i think related to the lucene folder:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.liferay.portal.theme.ThemeDisplay.getLocale()Ljava/lang/Object;
and other problems with the jsp : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Impossible de compiler la classe pour la JSP

I don't know how to resolve this problem.
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

That message is right, there is no method in ThemeDisplay with the signature of getLocale() that returns a list.

It's important to remember that plugins need to be upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2 also. You do this using the SDK and you have to analyze and resolve compile and runtime issues.

Custom plugins means you cannot just jump over to 6.2 in a weekend. You have to plan for the upgrade, test all of your plugins and have everything ready to go when the upgrade occurs.