掲示板

Portal-EXT.properties not loading once the server is configured with HSQL

thumbnail
9年前 に Raja Seth によって更新されました。

Portal-EXT.properties not loading once the server is configured with HSQL

Regular Member 投稿: 233 参加年月日: 11/08/18 最新の投稿
Hi All,

I extract a fresh bundle of liferay-portal-6.1.30-ee-ga3, created a new Liferay runtime environment in LDS and started tomcat server. By default it's configured with HSQL database and server gets started properly without any issue. I stopped the tomcat server. Then I created one portal-ext.properties file(parallel to tomcat folder) with mysql configuration which are as given below :

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false
jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.username=root
jdbc.default.password=root

Now, I started the server again. Ideally it should read the portal-ext.properties file, but it doesn't. In console I see the same HSQL logs as given below :

12:25:07,804 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][DialectDetector:71] Determine dialect for HSQL Database Engine 2
12:25:07,809 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][DialectDetector:86] Liferay is configured to use Hypersonic as its database. Do NOT use Hypersonic in production. Hypersonic is an embedded database useful for development and demo'ing purposes. The database settings can be changed in portal-ext.properties.
12:25:07,864 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][DialectDetector:136] Found dialect org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect

Do we need to change anything or delete some file after portal-ext.properties file is created or is it a liferay issue?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,
Raja
thumbnail
9年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Portal-EXT.properties not loading once the server is configured with HS

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Two possible issues that come to my mind, please check them:

The logs list which portal-ext.properties gets read - check if yours is in the list. If you've moved your installation, portal-setup-wizard.properties might contain an outdated liferay.home value, e.g. where Liferay was located on first installation.

Another issue that I've seen, predominantly on windows machines, is that there is a file named portal-ext.properties.txt. As Windows by defaults hides known file extensions, explorer shows portal-ext.properties, but the file type will be "Text File" or "txt file" or similar. Naturally, a txt file will not be read.
thumbnail
9年前 に Raja Seth によって更新されました。

RE: Portal-EXT.properties not loading once the server is configured with HS

Regular Member 投稿: 233 参加年月日: 11/08/18 最新の投稿
Hi Olaf,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my problem was the second issue which you mentioned. I check the properties of the portal-ext.properties it was "txt".

Thanks,
Raja