掲示板

How to deploy new portlet to liferay

9年前 に André Keßler によって更新されました。

How to deploy new portlet to liferay

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 14/12/12 最新の投稿
Hello everybody,

i hope you can help me with this beginner question. I´m currently new at liferay and i´m reading the book "Liferay in Action" to get more familiar with liferay.

I´m trying to deploy a newly created portlet to my liferay / tomcat. I did it exactly like in this tutorial <Click me> (Look at the lower part, "Deploying the Portlet") , but i cant find the new portlet in the liferay portal emoticon

But ant has deployed the portlet successful to the folder: "C:\liferay\bundles\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\deploy".
If i start the tomcat server for liferay, this is the console output after i called the "startup.bat":
So as far as i see, the server started up successful (Cause the browser was opening liferay also), but in the last column of the commandline, there was a problem?

As described in the tutorial, there should be an upcoming message like "1 portlet for my-greeting-portlet is available for use" ...But no message appeared in tomcat- so it didnt load the new portlet into liferay, or?

Do you have any ideas?

RE: How to deploy new portlet to liferay

Okay guys, i think i know why its not working emoticon

Let me tell you first, my folders, where liferay and tomcat is installed:

Root-directory of liferay: C:\liferay\bundles\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2
Tomcat directory: C:\liferay\bundles\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.42
Liferay plugins SDK directory: C:\liferay\plugins\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2

So i was creating a new portlet with the "create.bat", which is in C:\liferay\plugins\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets. So after calling this batch file, i´ve a new subfolder, which is my new portlet: C:\liferay\plugins\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\portlets\hello-world-andre-portlet. I go into this new folder and opened a new command-line, entered "ant deploy" and waited for build successful.

Now, the new created .war file of my new portlet was created by ant into this folder: C:\liferay\bundles\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\deploy

I was wondering why the tomcat server doesnt show a message, for hot-deploying the new portlet war....Then i was navigating through my file system and i see, that there is another mysterious folder created, which is used for liferay: C:\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2.

I´ve no idea why this folder was created here- but inside there is a /deploy/ folder and so i copied the .war file of my portlet into this folder- and tomcat gave me a hot-deploying message and the new portlet is inside my liferay portal emoticon

But can you help me and tell me, why there is this folder "C:\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2 " or why it was created??
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
i'm guessing your sdk build.<username>.properties file has some value which results in pointing to that directory.

I´ve found the source of the problem...
Inside the liferay main folder, there´s a file called "portal-setup-wizard.properties". There was a setting: "liferay.home=C:/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2". This was wrong, i´ve moved the liferay installation and have to change this parameter too. emoticon