掲示板

Liferay backup

9年前 に Vincent CARNINO によって更新されました。

Liferay backup

Junior Member 投稿: 47 参加年月日: 14/09/11 最新の投稿
Hi everyone,

I'm currently creating an intranet using Liferay and i have some questions

First of all, I've done some researches on backing up Liferay and i find some interesting stuff. Thus i planed to backup the DB with a mysqldump and to backup the data folder with a simple copy (for the source code, especially for plugins, i use GitHut) .
But will i really be able to get the portal back to its previous state with those backups ? I was wondering about the use of the import/export possibility (LAR files) in the case of backing up a website (here the intranet). What is the use of LAR files if a DB and data backup is enough ?

Next, i was wondering about the location of these backups. For the time being, i use 3 virtual servers (2 of them are used with the staging process and the last one is a NFS server which will be used as a file repository) but the three of them are on the same physical machine. Then, if i keep my backups on one of them, a hardware failure and i lose everything, don't i ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay backup

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Vincent CARNINO:
But will i really be able to get the portal back to its previous state with those backups ?

Yes, that is all that it takes.

I was wondering about the use of the import/export possibility (LAR files) in the case of backing up a website (here the intranet). What is the use of LAR files if a DB and data backup is enough ?

Lar file usage is generally a least known feature that folks want to use in ways that it just doesn't support.

For the most part Lars can only move between instances of Liferay that are the same version (not just major version, but minor also) and sometimes (depending upon the export) requires the same plugins deployed on both instances.

So if you take a Lar export for your backup, do some sort of upgrade or something on Liferay, you will not be able to pull the Lar in.

Next, i was wondering about the location of these backups.

Just like any other backup, you should be storing them on a separate physical medium or at least a remote server. Backups only work when they can be used at a moments notice to get a system back up and running, and your described environment won't support that.
9年前 に Vincent CARNINO によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay backup

Junior Member 投稿: 47 参加年月日: 14/09/11 最新の投稿
Ok thank you very much, i'm using your article "Backup/Restore a Liferay Environment" but i wasn't sure about the LAR use. You reinforced what i thought: LARs files are used to "copy" elements of a portal and can't be used for backup purposes.

For the location, it does make sense to put the backup in a different (physical) location. I just need to be sure before i ask for it.

Again thank you very much.