掲示板

Wiki attachments suggestions

14年前 に Pablo M Mino によって更新されました。

Wiki attachments suggestions

Regular Member 投稿: 135 参加年月日: 09/10/02 最新の投稿
Hi

I couldn't find a post using the words wiki and attachment together so here I go emoticon

I don't see the point of managing the attachments on a separate tab, neither that a wiki article tells me it got 3 files for example and not which they are

I think the files should be listed at the bottom of the article instead

I've seen this on another wiki, Mindtouch Dekiwiki, plus if that attachment is versioned it shows you all the versions on a tree-navigation way
thumbnail
14年前 に Shagul Khaja によって更新されました。

RE: Wiki attachments suggestions

Liferay Master 投稿: 758 参加年月日: 07/09/27 最新の投稿
These are very valuable suggestions. This comes down to usability.

Liferay framework is very powerful and allows customization of JSP, services and almost everything to fit the need.

You could probably add your suggestions to the below proposal page.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/Wiki+Improvements

Below is link to all proposals.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/FrontPage

Best Regards,
Shagul
thumbnail
14年前 に Denis Signoretto によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 375 参加年月日: 09/04/21 最新の投稿
I agree, actually it's very difficult for a user especially using the HTML text area insert a link to an attached document.

D.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Pablo,

The tab is there as an administration option.

I originally decided to not show all the attachments at the bottom of the wiki page because in some cases it doesn't make sense to do so. For example, when attaching images that are referenced throughout the page.

Adding a link to an attachment from the page body is as easy (in Creole) as writting:

{{fileName.pdf}}

In any case, I do agree that it could be even simpler. I want to add a WYSIWYG for Creole to and if we are able to achieve that we could create a button in the toolbar that allows the user to select one of the attachments (or even add a new one) so that the code above is automatically added. Of course, the same could be implemented for FCKEditor.

This solution seems to me much more flexible than always showing all the attachments at the bottom. What do you think?

BTW, is any of you interested in helping out with this?

Jorge

weird, it doesn't add files or links to them, just tried what you said on my LR build from january, anyway

I think that adding links to the article itself is a double effort, and if there are no links, I have to go to the article first and then to the tab....

Let's say I got an article with 2 images, 3 files, and at the bottom it says it got 10 attachments, did the owner wanted it to be like this or did he forgot to link the other files? Did he wrote the links correctly? And if we don't use Creole we are doomed

With the WYSIWYG on Creole it would be easier, if I have 5 files somewhere in a list and I click them to auto create links, but the problems I mentioned above still exist, why making it easier if we can do it automatic?

Also let's say the right click on my mouse doesn't work (or I got no clue on how to use a Mac emoticon) providing a link for images download would be good in that case

And about showing several versions of an attachment, I guess it requires the Wiki to support that because currently it overwrites previous attachments right?
thumbnail
14年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Pablo,

How would you solve the issue I mentioned with those attachments that the author wouldn't want to be listed at the bottom because they are already shown somewhere else (for example as an inline image)?

Well, I was saying that sometimes it could be nice to have that feature actually, Deki WIki comes with it and "sometimes", yes you are right, it also is a waste

I think this could be a solution, actually when you edit a wiki article it shows what attachments it has already, what if we show a list next to it with the feature "showable" or not next to each file?

So if you attach something it shows on the "attached files" list and next to it theres a checkbox, another list or anything, you cross the ones you dont want to show, or even the possibility to enable/disable the bottom list

This is hard to think because with images and a bottom list you can play with them on 3 ways:

- You dont want to show them on the article but you want to in a bottom list
- You want to show any of them on the article but not in a bottom list
- You want to show any of them on the article and in a bottom list too

Now that I think of, it would be useful to attach files at the moment of the article creation, not after

And I still can't make a file list using Creole emoticon
thumbnail
13年前 に Samuel Liu によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 301 参加年月日: 10/05/27 最新の投稿
Hi there,

[[file.pdf]]
Will link to your attachment if file.pdf is an attached file in a wiki article.

{{file.pdf}}
Will NOT work, as this tag is only for images. You'll find nothing but a generated linebreak in anticipation for displaying an image. You can however do

{{image.jpg}}
Will show your image inline.

[[images.jpg]]
Will link your image as a download link.

Unfortuantely, the Creole documentation as well as Liferay's editing tips do not reflect this information -- I had to figure this out via trial and error.

Cheers,
Sam
13年前 に Pablo M Mino によって更新されました。

Cool, just what I needed, thx
thumbnail
13年前 に Jeroen Braan によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 11 参加年月日: 09/11/26 最新の投稿
Hi all,

using the [[my-image.jpg]] and {{my-image.jpg}} format we keep getting errors like:
com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: /liferay-portal-6.0.3/data/document_library/1/0/wiki/11663/FrontPage/my-image.jpg/1.0

where the file 'my-image.jpg' is an attachment of the main page (FrontPage). It exists on the filesystem, but not in the subdir FrontPage, just in:
/liferay-portal-6.0.3/data/document_library/1/0/wiki/11663/my-image.jpg/1.0

We have the same problems with attachments at child pages.

as you can see we are using Liferay 6.0.3 but we had similar errors in 6.0.2

Are we doing something wrong or is this an issue with the WIKI for 6.0.x?

Regards,
Jeroen Braan
thumbnail

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm looking into it as we speak -- we did do some changes to Wiki very recently because of some security concerns. It's very likely that our changes broke some things and we'll work to fix them asap. There's another GA release coming out next week and I'll keep you posted as to whether this issue is gone by then. By the way, Liferay 6 GA2 (6.0.4) is out if you want to give that a shot for some stuff. The wiki problem will likely still be there until we fix it in the next GA release next week though.

Thanks so much for your patience, we're working very hard to fix the bugs! emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail

Hi Jeroen,

We've reproduced the bug and are working on a fix now.

I'll keep you posted emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail

Hi Jeroen,

Another update: we actually fixed this bug for the Liferay 6 GA2 (6.0.4) release this morning. emoticon Thanks for your patience! You can give it a download now at the Liferay main page.

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
13年前 に Jeroen Braan によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 11 参加年月日: 09/11/26 最新の投稿
Hi Sam,

Thanks! Just tested it in GA2 and it works.
11年前 に S Noori によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 10/11/08 最新の投稿
Sam:

This only works in creole any suggestions with WYSWYG editor?