掲示板

Temp Folder Question

thumbnail
14年前 に dennis monsewicz によって更新されました。

Temp Folder Question

Junior Member 投稿: 71 参加年月日: 09/05/28 最新の投稿
So after playing around with trying to make my changes to my files in my webapps folder instantaneous and failing... I started playing around with making my changes in the Temp directory inside of my Tomcat directory... After making a change to a file inside the Temp Dir I could see that change happen live on the site... can someone dive into why when installing a portlet it installs in the Temp dir and the webapps dir?

Also, is there anyway to make a change to a file in the webapps folder and see that change happen instantly on the web without having to restart the server?

Thanks!
Dennis
thumbnail
14年前 に Samuel Kong によって更新されました。

RE: Temp Folder Question

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1902 参加年月日: 08/03/10 最新の投稿
You start Tomcat with
-Dexternal-properties=portal-developer.properties
to turn off the caching that Liferay does by default. It should allow you to make changes directly in the webapps folder.
thumbnail
14年前 に dennis monsewicz によって更新されました。

RE: Temp Folder Question

Junior Member 投稿: 71 参加年月日: 09/05/28 最新の投稿
Samuel Kong:
You start Tomcat with
-Dexternal-properties=portal-developer.properties
to turn off the caching that Liferay does by default. It should allow you to make changes directly in the webapps folder.

This holds true for items in the ROOT directory, but directly in the webapps folder (ie. custom portlets, themes, etc). I am building PHP Portlets but it is a bit cumbersome to constantly have to reupload my changes to see them reflected on the screen.

From my understanding the custom portlets that get installed are installed in two places, the temp directory and the webapps directory. If you go into the temp directory and make a change to the portlet you just upload, you can immediately see that change happen on the web, but if you make a change to the portlet in the webapps folder, you cannot.

Any other way around this?

I am just trying to understand the need for the temp folder and how it interacts with the web alongside the webapps folder