掲示板

Arabic social Liferay

14年前 に Mohamed CHARGUI によって更新されました。

Arabic social Liferay

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 10/03/23 最新の投稿
Hello

I am a tunisian student doing a Msc in computer sciences applied in management. We have currently a scolorship project which is about implementing an arabic collaboration platform.
This platform is about facilitating collaboration and exchange of ideas, documents and group among Arabic speaking researchers in different majors.

While searching the net I found that Liferay social office may feet to our need. The problem hear is that social office is english written. So could you please tell me if you are providing an arabic community version. We need to test social platform only for educational purposes. If not are you providing access to source code of Liferay social office in order to be able to modify it.

It is realy urgent to hear an answer form you.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards

Mohamed CHARGUI
thumbnail
14年前 に Juan Fernández によって更新されました。

RE: Arabic social Liferay

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1261 参加年月日: 08/10/02 最新の投稿
Hi Mohamed:

Social Office is still a beta version. You should know that Social Office is a concrete configuration of Liferay, so that you can do with Liferay everything you can do with Social Office.

If you want to build a colaboration portal in Arabic you should definitely use Liferay Portal for that: it's already translated into arabic, it is Open Source, the last Community Edition (Liferay Portal 5.2.3) is free and stable and it's designed for what you need.

Let us know about your thoughts
Regards and welcome
Juan Fernández
14年前 に Mohamed CHARGUI によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 10/03/23 最新の投稿
Dear Juan

Thanks for your reply. It was so helpful to learn such details from you.
Realy I am looking to develop an arabic collaboration platform to facilitate work and exchange between arabic native speakers researchers in many area of work.

I tried to translate liferay portal from english to arabic on using language portlet application. It worked but partially as it seems that the arabic translation deployed under the bundled tomcat package is not so powerfull.

I have looked to the translation http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Translating+Liferay+to+a+New+Language wiki. It was helpfull as a startup but not very clear. I would like to know if are there native arabic translation files ready to be deployed directly to the platform ?

Could you please help or provide further explanations about translation activities.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards

Mohamed CHARGUI
thumbnail
14年前 に Juan Fernández によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1261 参加年月日: 08/10/02 最新の投稿
Hi Mohamed:

When you say "It worked but partially as it seems that the arabic translation deployed under the bundled tomcat package is not so powerfull." you mean that the sentences are not correctly translated?

If so, you can edit Language_ar.properties.native so that you can improve the translation of the portal and if you want to cooperate with us, you can submit us your translation so that it could be shared with the rest of arabic speakers

Regards
Juan Fernández
thumbnail
13年前 に Jigna parag Joshi によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 41 参加年月日: 08/12/09 最新の投稿
Hi

i have set my locale france..and now i also want to store my data in france..but it is storing correct data..i have inputted "Français Interest" in interest field in MyAccount.

but, when i see in HttpAnalyzer.it is showing me Français Interest</color>.
and also it is storing same in DB.

please let me know if any configuration need to be done from my side..

thanx in advance..