掲示板

ajp error while fronting liferay with apache

thumbnail
9年前 に Christian Krause によって更新されました。

ajp error while fronting liferay with apache

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 11/11/03 最新の投稿
Hi,

I´ve following configuration working:

Liferay CC 6.1.2 with Tomcat and SSL (with production certificate) through tomcat via keytool.

Now I wish to front it with an apache 2.2 via ajp.

I installed the apache and mod_jk and configured it. Tomcat, Apache and mod_jk starts without errors.

But when I try to connect through the browser I get following error in the tomcat log: org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage processHeader SEVERE: Invalid message received with signature 1825

The page doesn´t load.

Any ideas, what I did wrong during the configuration?

Thank you very much for your help,

Christian
thumbnail
9年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: ajp error while fronting liferay with apache

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
I'd advise to set up TLS on the Apache side and then handle traffic from Apache to Tomcat unencrypted. This means: Setting up a VirtualHost with SSL-directives for Apache (and Apache has the keys). Then forward to tomcat through AJP. Neatly, AJP makes tomcat aware that the traffic used to be encrypted and also forwards the hostname etc. - so you don't need any more work.

Naturally, this setup is good only if you trust the traffic between Apache and tomcat not being snooped on. I'm not aware if AJP can forward fully encrypted traffic and if Apache can handle forwarding fully encrypted requests.

Further: If Apache would forward encrypted traffic (when tomcat handles all the encryption) you don't need Apache at all: In this case Apache can't do anything with the traffic but forwarding it. There's no way to handle static content, rewrite URLs, inspect the traffic etc.

If you fear the traffic between Apache and Tomcat will be snooped on, I'd still terminate the encryption on Apache, then re-encrypt the AJP traffic. Never done this though, and I'd be curious to see if someone does it (and how it's done)
thumbnail
9年前 に Christoph Rabel によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1554 参加年月日: 09/09/24 最新の投稿
It's not possible to encrypt ajp. There simply is no SSL version of it.
If (and I doubt it) the OP needs a secure connection between Apache and Tomcat, he needs to configure the proxy to use https.
thumbnail
9年前 に Christian Krause によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 11/11/03 最新の投稿
Thank you very much, disable ssl solves the problem.