掲示板

HELP : Screen name clash with group id - AD & NTLM Authentication

9年前 に Bharat Raju Nallaparaju によって更新されました。

HELP : Screen name clash with group id - AD & NTLM Authentication

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 14/01/21 最新の投稿
We have a liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2 instance setup at our clients place. It is currently in production. They had a requirement of authenticating users through Active Directory. So, we configured the LDAP credentials and setup NTLM authentication too. Initially everything was working fine at our end but, users were unable to login at the clients end. We later came to know that the users in the organization login through their employee code which is a numeric value. So, we made the following changes in the portal-ext.properties file

users.screen.name.validator=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LiberalScreenNameValidator
users.screen.name.allow.numeric=true

Post this users were able to login into the portal. Now, we have a
com.liferay.portal.UserScreenNameException
coming for some users.
After a bit of debugging we have found that there is a screen name clash with group id and hence the validation error. Again after a bit of googling we have found an issue reported in jira and a bit of work around for this problem
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15255
Since the system is in production, directly applying the above workaround is not possible and will also not resolve the issue.

Is there a way I can change the group id to a greater number without any problem. Are there any associated tables that need to be updated with the new group id?

I’m kind of stuck over here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: HELP : Screen name clash with group id - AD & NTLM Authentication

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Yeah, no I don't think you want to change the group id. Best route is to apply the patch. Even in production systems you will often have maintenance windows where you can affect the change.