掲示板

Theme in 5.2.3

9年前 に giri reddy によって更新されました。

Theme in 5.2.3

Junior Member 投稿: 61 参加年月日: 15/02/27 最新の投稿
Does anybody have pointers on downloading needed stuff to develop theme in 5.2.3 I have eclispe and not sure if plugin is available for 5.2.3 theme development. Thanks for your help.
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Theme in 5.2.3

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
In what respect? Some sort of gui-assisted tool?

I mean, outside of the SDK and the liferay ide, there isn't really much Liferay tooling (even in the latest version). You're left to construct a theme on your own.

I always found it easier to start with classic as the parent theme and change from there (always seemed like less work than starting from styled), but it's still a lot of hand coding...

David H Nebinger:
In what respect? Some sort of gui-assisted tool?

I mean, outside of the SDK and the liferay ide, there isn't really much Liferay tooling (even in the latest version). You're left to construct a theme on your own.

I always found it easier to start with classic as the parent theme and change from there (always seemed like less work than starting from styled), but it's still a lot of hand coding...

Hi David, I thought Liferay IDE is not avilable for Liferay 5.2.3. I will search to download for the location. Thanks for the reply.
thumbnail

Won't work for newer version, but if you can get your hands on an older version of the IDE, you should be fine.

At the end of the day, though, the xml editors etc won't really help w/ a theme anyway, so if you have to use a vanilla eclipse, you're not going to be out that much.

David H Nebinger:
Won't work for newer version, but if you can get your hands on an older version of the IDE, you should be fine.

At the end of the day, though, the xml editors etc won't really help w/ a theme anyway, so if you have to use a vanilla eclipse, you're not going to be out that much.

David, Good to know about version difference. I will just manually code for this theme. I have all my development setup with new eclipse.

I am modifying my new theme in <tomcat>/webapps/<mytheme>. After modifying portal_normal.vm, I have to restart tomcat to see the changes. Appreciate any tips on how Tomcat will recompile or reload new contents. I am not worried now to follow procedure to use _diffs folder etc . It is just for testing to understand the flow to develop new theme.
thumbnail

Liferay caches the output (well, at least in later versions emoticon). Restart will typically be required.

The problem with editing inline is you'll never really know how much is cached, how much is in the temp and/or work dirs, ... Deployment may be painful, but at least Liferay should handle the theme changes correctly.

David H Nebinger:
Liferay caches the output (well, at least in later versions emoticon). Restart will typically be required.

The problem with editing inline is you'll never really know how much is cached, how much is in the temp and/or work dirs, ... Deployment may be painful, but at least Liferay should handle the theme changes correctly.

Thanks David. I tried do delete temp and work also and it did not make it reload the files. I thought there would be something like reloadenabled etc to see. But still not clear on how .vm modules are cashed. It is not big deal. I am able to stops/start server. For small changes, I can debug in Firebug.