掲示板

Can I disable/deactivate a page?

9年前 に Matt Passmore によって更新されました。

Can I disable/deactivate a page?

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 13/02/25 最新の投稿
When I use the 'hide from navigation menu' option, my page is no longer displayed in the navigation. That's good.

However, the child page indicator (a down arrow in this case) beside my parent page still displays. So to the user, it looks like I can click to reveal the child page.

Is there a way to disable or deactivate a page, so it doesn't get picked up?

thanks,
Matt
thumbnail
9年前 に Andew Jardine によって更新されました。

RE: Can I disable/deactivate a page?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hey Matt,

Which version of Liferay are you using? which theme do you have applied? I just tried this on my side with a top level page of "Test" which was visible and two child pages (child 1 and child 2) which are hidden but I don' t see the navigation arrow you are describing. I am using 6.2 with the default theme applied.

I'm running 6.2.

We're using a custom theme created by our vendor.

Matt
thumbnail

Ok -- in that case I would guess that the theme has "a bug in it". My guess is that their navigation.ftl/navigation.vm (not sure which templating language you are using) detects whether or not there are child pages -- and if there are shows the icon. The logic probably needs to be updated not just to check for child pages (which would return true, even if not visible) but that at least one of the child pages is also visible.

Can you check the theme source for logic like that?

Given the track record of our vendor - a bug is a distinct possibility.

I don't have direct access to the source code, but will certainly raise this as a potential cause to be investigated.

Thanks for your input.
thumbnail

Hey Matt,

If you have access to the server, and can get into the webapps/<whatever_your_theme_is_called> -- you might be able to grab it yourself. Have a look in the docroot for a folder called templates. In there you will probably find one names navigation.vm or .ftl.