掲示板

Migrating content - max lar file size advice wanted ?

thumbnail
9年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

Migrating content - max lar file size advice wanted ?

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
I have set up a proof of concept/test system (6.2CE) for my client and we are getting ready to go live on an existing Liferay system (6.2EE SP8).
I have around 1.4GB of content (mostly PC files) in a complex folder structure, along with 50 pages in my site.

Can anyone advise how I should migrate this to the new site.
I am finding that even 50MB lar files do not get imported (the import dialogue doesn't display anything ) I am changing the version to 6210 manually in the manifest.xml file and when I keep the file size small by specifying one days content it works fine.

In particular I want to move the pages over (so I don't have to go through tat again but every time I try to export with a date select of last 12 hours or so it fails or exports the whole data.

So looking for advice and ideas.

Thanks
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Migrating content - max lar file size advice wanted ?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Eek! Manual staging implementation! Run away, run away! emoticon

Seriously this is going to be a nightmare in the long run. Managing content is not like managing code, although it's hard to tell that to a manager who used to be able to do deployment of pages (simple html or php files) and now doesn't necessarily get that there are no actual page artifacts to back up and deploy any more (since it is all dynamically generated through the database).

If they need or want some sort of approval control prior to going live, they will be much better served enabling local staging and doing the work in production.

Personally I've never heard a single scenario where LAR import/export works for this kind of thing. It's too easy for the environments to get out of sync, too difficult for average joe to export LAR correctly, not very helpful error messages on LAR import failures, ...
thumbnail
9年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
Hi David

I should have said this is a one off exercise.

we have been using CE as a prototype functional test system but as time dragged on the system got more and more data which is great for testing templating and pagination but not so great when this occurs. I expect to get access to the live server soon and need to get things up and running ASAP. Page layout, categories etc I have been able to archive

What gets me is when I try to import a 50Mb file from the documents and media folders (using date range to limit the size) it just wont load up in the browser interface.
I'm now looking at Sync but the categories and document type information will not be synched AFAIK but at least it seems to get the files up there..
thumbnail
9年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
A one time migration? Just use a DB export and copy the entire data directory, then just do an upgrade in the environment.