掲示板

Reducing Service calls in Liferay 5.1.2 CE

13年前 に Swanand Barve によって更新されました。

Reducing Service calls in Liferay 5.1.2 CE

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 10/04/08 最新の投稿
Hi All
I am part of a team that's developing a portal application using Liferay 5.1.2 CE. I am observing that in order to render average 4-5 portlets, on an average, around 1000 Liferay services are made. Following services are most called
RoleLocalService
GroupLocalService
ResourceLocalService
ThemeLocalService
LayoutTemplateLocalService
UserLocalService

Is there a way to reduce these service calls ? Especially ones related with Permissions(Role /group/user local service for example)

thanks in advance
swanand
thumbnail
13年前 に Juan Fernández によって更新されました。

RE: Reducing Service calls in Liferay 5.1.2 CE

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1261 参加年月日: 08/10/02 最新の投稿
Hi Swanand:

those services are used in every Liferay portlet because it's the way we handle each portlet behaviour.

The point is: why do you want to remove those services? If you remove those services you will loose functionality. Are you developing custom portlets or using Liferay's?

Regards
Juan Fernández
Liferay Core Engineer
13年前 に Swanand Barve によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 10/04/08 最新の投稿
Thanks for the response Juan,
We're using custom portlets with IceFaces 182 Enterprise Edition. We're using some out of the box Liferay portlets like Login.
I am observing that for each page, literally 1000+ calls are made on these services, which in turn is making database calls, thereby having a negative impact on response time and overall performance.
1. Is it possible to tune /setup liferay in such a way, that these calls happen once per page( not per portlet)?

2.Furthermore, we've got pages that are public(no login required) Vs private(login required)
Would it be possible to suppress some of these calls for public pages and cache the permissions for a logged in users(the retrieval will happen only once, that point onwards permissions in cache would be checked against permission settings for portlets)

3. Lastly, I see that a new permission algorithm(5) has been added in 5.1. Will that help improve performance ? Is that part of 5.1.2 Community edition as well ?

Thanks in advance
Swanand
thumbnail
13年前 に Manish Kumar Gupta によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 535 参加年月日: 08/05/16 最新の投稿
Hi Swanand,

Algorithm 5 is default algorithm in Liferay 5.1.2.

Manish.