掲示板

Inheritance in Documents Portlet

thumbnail
8年前 に Manuel Hoyos によって更新されました。

Inheritance in Documents Portlet

Junior Member 投稿: 60 参加年月日: 12/06/11 最新の投稿
Hello.

In a training session , I have indicated that the portlet version 6.2 includes a Documents and Media permission inheritance between folders and documents. Ie if included, upload or move a document that automatically inherit the folder permissions .

This is so? Because I can not find it anywhere. I'm trying ga4 version 6.2 .

A greeting and thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Inheritance in Documents Portlet

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
I think the answer is "sort of".

For example, you could define permissions on a specific doc that it is "wide open", viewable by anyone, but drop it into a folder that might be viewed only by admin.

Effectively the file is hidden from anyone browsing D&M who is not admin, they won't see the folder and therefore won't see the file.

However, if you give a link to the file to anyone, they should still be able to access the file even though they may not have access to the parent folder itself.

Obviously permissions is one of those things that are the trickiest to understand and manage simply because all of the derivations of access can all have some effect.

I guess I would advise not to assume anything regarding permissions. If you have a file that needs to be protected, go ahead and set the permissions on it accordingly. Assuming some sort of protection based on folder, org, company etc. will, as the old saying goes, eventually make an ass out of u and me.
thumbnail
8年前 に Manuel Hoyos によって更新されました。

RE: Inheritance in Documents Portlet

Junior Member 投稿: 60 参加年月日: 12/06/11 最新の投稿
Ok. Thanks!!

But of course what I take from your answer is that there is no inheritance mechanism in this portlet between folders and documents it contains.

A greeting and thanks