掲示板

How to apply fixpack on old lifeRay version?

8年前 に Zhenlei Li によって更新されました。

How to apply fixpack on old lifeRay version?

Junior Member 投稿: 51 参加年月日: 14/07/13 最新の投稿
I am working on Liferay CE6.2 GA2, and want to fix the issue on about:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-42212
according to the issue log, it was fixed on GA3 already, but I wonder if there is a fixpack for GA2? rather than upgrading the whole liferay portal to GA3.
The issue log is not clear enough on how to fix it on a existed liferay portal, hopefully liferay team offer more details

Thank you all.
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

RE: How to apply fixpack on old lifeRay version?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi Zhenlei Li, when talking about "fixpack" you should know this is a term for subscribed users (EE) and patches, so doesn't apply here.

For patching, you should do it yourself. You can use any of the greatest tools that git brings to your hands (cherry-pick, etc).

You can try cherry-picking those changes in top of your 6.2.1 GA2 branch. For finding the commits, just search for the LPS code (LPS-XXXX) in the git commits.

Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Zhenlei Li, when talking about "fixpack" you should know this is a term for subscribed users (EE) and patches, so doesn't apply here.

For patching, you should do it yourself. You can use any of the greatest tools that git brings to your hands (cherry-pick, etc).

You can try cherry-picking those changes in top of your 6.2.1 GA2 branch. For finding the commits, just search for the LPS code (LPS-XXXX) in the git commits.

Thank you Juan!
does it mean I have to get the new source code and merge together with the 6.2CE GA2 src, and then build my own packages for liferay?
if so, it's really a big deal on normal user.
thumbnail

Well, the steps would be:

• Clone 6.2.1 GA2 from github (there is a tag for that version)
  • Find the commit(s) using LPS-XXX, then get the commit ids
  • Cherry-pick those commit on top of the 6.2.1-GA2 branch. It may work, or it may cause merge conflicts that you should fix by yourself (like the "old" SVN conflicts).
  • Compile Liferay

Yes, these are not normal tasks for "normal" users.
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
As Juan said: Fixpacks exist for EE. However, I'd opt for you to just update to GA4, because there's a huge number of other issues fixed as well. This might include security issues and other issues that you might not yet have run into, but they might slow you down later. The commits that you'd have to find would be in the master branch, and they might not be cherry-pickable because issues are always fixed on master and backported to previous releases. Unfortunately, the backported commits sometimes combine many fixes.

if so, it's really a big deal on normal user.

Yes. That's the point of EE: There the normal user just needs to download the fixpacks and run the patching tool. For CE you'll have to maintain your code yourself. There are security patches, but they'll also only be published until the next major version is out. For receiving further updates, you'll have to update then as well. EE will be maintained for 5-7 years from release by Liferay.
thumbnail

Olaf Kock:
I'd opt for you to just update to GA4, because there's a huge number of other issues fixed as well.

I absolutely agree with this. Many fixed issues between GA2 and GA4.
8年前 に Harsh Joshi によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 27 参加年月日: 15/01/28 最新の投稿
best way.
migrate to GA4

Juan Gonzalez:
Olaf Kock:
I'd opt for you to just update to GA4, because there's a huge number of other issues fixed as well.

I absolutely agree with this. Many fixed issues between GA2 and GA4.

For the running application, it's the terrible effort to update the version.
I fixed issues by develop my owner HOOK plug-in.
thumbnail

Well, if you can't update - what are you going to do when security fixes are issued?

That's why I always decide/advise for the best maintainable option to extend Liferay when multiple options are given to choose from.

Olaf Kock:
Well, if you can't update - what are you going to do when security fixes are issued?

That's why I always decide/advise for the best maintainable option to extend Liferay when multiple options are given to choose from.

I just customize DL portlet's JSP, adding some JAVA code blocks. for ex. we can do most of DL operations once we got DLFolderId or DLFileEntryId, even can do permission changes by ResourceLocalServiceUtil and ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil API
thumbnail

Zhenlei Li:
I just customize DL portlet's JSP, adding some JAVA code blocks. for ex. we can do most of DL operations once we got DLFolderId or DLFileEntryId, even can do permission changes by ResourceLocalServiceUtil and ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil API

So what's keeping you from updating?

Olaf Kock:
Zhenlei Li:

So what's keeping you from updating?

Lost some performance, my java code scan DLFolders and DLFileEntry every time once somebody locate them.