掲示板

Can I make a dynamic datalist store data in other table created by me

thumbnail
8年前 に John Voltaire Rosanes Maximo によって更新されました。

Can I make a dynamic datalist store data in other table created by me

Regular Member 投稿: 106 参加年月日: 15/06/19 最新の投稿
guys I need some insights,, I am making a portlet and I know how I can input data to the database using eclipse.....
but I also need to do that using the dynamic datalist... my question is how can I command the datalist to send the data inputted to another table instead of the default DDMContent table...

any opinion is much appreciated, thanks emoticon
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Can I make a dynamic datalist store data in other table created by me (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
You can
  • use the API to read the DDL content and export it to an external system (when you need to read it, not when you write it)
  • Write your own frontend portlet for your own tables and totally omit the DDL frontend
  • override the DDL service to store in multiple locations

As you only give technical requirements (where to store the data) but don't give any business requirement, it's hard to recommend a proper way. I don't expect that there's any technique that I recommend to implement exactly what you're asking - in fact my main recommendation is to question this requirement hard. At least name the underlying feature request, not only what you (or someone) have thought of as the suggested solution.
thumbnail
8年前 に John Voltaire Maximo によって更新されました。

RE: Can I make a dynamic datalist store data in other table created by me

well the main goal is to prepare the database for importing real data.... that's why i needed to know how to import data in DDMContent, other tables..
also to know what instances am I allowed to use dynamic data lists or hard coding for portlets..........
I'm preparing for a certain project.... I don't really have specific business requirements right now,, just the gist of what I need to learn... your suggestions are good sir I'll look into it emoticon thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に John Voltaire Maximo によって更新されました。

RE: Can I make a dynamic datalist store data in other table created by me

Olaf Kock:
You can

• use the API to read the DDL content and export it to an external system (when you need to read it, not when you write it)
  • Write your own frontend portlet for your own tables and totally omit the DDL frontend
  • override the DDL service to store in multiple locations

step 1 do I make my own portlet to read the contents inside the DDMContent table? did that ...
step 2 can you explain it further sir? I didn't really understand especially the latter part... do you mean I need to create another portlet to make the tables where I need to put the DDL content?
step 3 you mean the DDMContentLocalServiceUtil? I needed to override it and put the contents to the tables using the service created at step 2?

after that, my problem would be to display the data to that DDL,, how do I retrieve my stored data using the DDL, or do I need to make my own list using code?
just for clarification... Thanks