掲示板

How to access windows tool in Liferay portal?

8年前 に kunal hemrajani によって更新されました。

How to access windows tool in Liferay portal?

Regular Member 投稿: 109 参加年月日: 15/05/21 最新の投稿
I want to access windows inbuilt tool in our portal. For ex. if i want to open up downloads on click. How could i do that??
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: How to access windows tool in Liferay portal?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
If I understand you correctly, you want your portal to access Desktop integration - keep in mind that Liferay content is delivered through a browser, you'll be limited to the same security restrictions as any other web page that shouldn't have access to your desktop. That being said, nothing keeps you from providing a browser plugin or using any of the newer integrations (e.g. HTML Uploader with Drag&Drop).

Currently your question is a bit too broad - I'd say that you probably won't be able to do a lot. But it depends. Have you seen the integration you'd like to implement on any other website? Could you point us to that site? If you've never seen it before, chances are that the Web security layer shields you from that kind of access.

Like if you click on upload folder and window is open of all your files and folders.I want some functionality like that.
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
kunal hemrajani:
Like if you click on upload folder and window is open of all your files and folders.I want some functionality like that.

Yeah, no that's not going to happen, nor is it what you'd want.

First, you're looking at a view generated by a server some distance away in a data center. You're click on "upload" could do whatever it wanted on the remote server but you'd never be aware of it because you can't see anything on that server. You wouldn't want "upload" doing anything on the server because whatever folks are doing on the web should not impact what you, the administrator, is doing at the time. If the windows explorer kept opening on you, you'd think there was some sort of virus or something going on in the system.

Is it possible to access .hta file in portal to access through all browser?
thumbnail

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

i want to implement web clipper in Liferay portal?
thumbnail

What's "web clipper"?

Whatever it is: When you can interface it with a regular web application, you can do it in Liferay. Otherwise you're facing the security boundaries that are there for a reason: You don't want random Webservers that you happen to open in your browser being able to access your clipboard or other local resources.