掲示板

Liferay 6.0.6 and CKEditor malfunction

thumbnail
13年前 に Erik Forsström によって更新されました。

Liferay 6.0.6 and CKEditor malfunction

Junior Member 投稿: 59 参加年月日: 10/03/25 最新の投稿
Hey.

I have encountered a rather strange issue with my current Liferay-installation. This issue has come up only after upgrading to Liferay 6.0.6. The issue can be reproduced with major browsers (IE6-8, Firefox, Chrome) in our network at least.

Usually when I start up my machine and start editing page content, the CKEditor loads up normally and looks the same as in 6.0.5 Liferay bundle installation (don't know where to check version number). But usually by the time I open up a second CKEditor one of two things happens.

1) The editor doesn't load at all or
2) It loads up an improved version of CKEditor (says it's version 3.2) with a lot more functionality. However this editor doesn't seem to use any of my css-definitions. It only has some default headings and styles so I have to edit the content pretty much in source-mode. However when I publish the content, the page is rendered with my css-styles as supposed to.

If 1) happens and the editor doesn't load up at all, I refresh the page. After this it _always_ loads up the new and improved editor, that doesn't use my css-definitions.

This also happens if I refresh the page with a working editor. Below are some screenshots to demonstrate the problem using Firefox 3.6.15

1. Editor working as intended and CSS-definitions are used as supposed to.

2. Same page after refreshing. "New" editor and not using my css-rules.

What could I do to "stabilize" the editor?
thumbnail

RE: Liferay 6.0.6 and CKEditor malfunction

Bumping this one for the one and only time.
Has anyone else even encountered this problem?

I have no idea what's going on. Are there two different editors in Liferay? Why does the default one seem to be less advanced? Why doesn't the new one use my css-definitions? Is there any way to force Liferay to use a particular editor?

Thank you for any insight on the matter.
thumbnail
13年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
If you look under ROOT\html\js\editor, you'll see there are ckeditor and fkeditor. There also seems to be tinymce editor as well.emoticon
thumbnail

Just confirmed your finding, but when I refreshed the page, all the icons appeared and everything seems to be alright.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Just confirmed your finding, but when I refreshed the page, all the icons appeared and everything seems to be alright.

Just curious. If everything seems to be alright, which editor is the default one here? DO you have the one with more or less icons? And which is it then :-D

Also as an addendum to the problem, Firefox seems to be a little less prone to the aforementioned error, but it still happens.

This is rather confusing.
thumbnail

In normal usage, I'm getting the one with more icons. On the second browser, I get the one with less icon, but when I refresh the page, I get the one with more icons.

This is a little bit different, but when I open web content editor on Chrome, the editor often do not show up. I have to do a page refresh. After the refresh, I get the editor with more icons.

I actually did some localization to make the editor display hints in Japanese. What I modified to make web content editor show in Japanese was the ckeditor as you've mentioned. So, it seems web content editor is using the ckeditor. emoticon
thumbnail
12年前 に Gordon Augat によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 107 参加年月日: 06/08/16 最新の投稿
I get the same behavior.
12年前 に Nick Straguzzi によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 20 参加年月日: 11/04/29 最新の投稿
Bump -- I have the same issue. Has anyone figured out the cause and a fix?
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Have anyone tested this on the 6.1.0 in the svn?
12年前 に Nick Straguzzi によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 20 参加年月日: 11/04/29 最新の投稿
No, sorry, haven't tried it on 6.1 (and unfortunately, the way our dev environment is set up, I'm unable to connect to svn to try it.)

Is there a way I can update just CKE and its Liferay controller in 6.0.5?
12年前 に Marc Piparo によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 43 参加年月日: 11/03/14 最新の投稿
Same behavior for me too. On first load it looks to picking up the editor config jsp file, after refresh looks like the default editor config. js file is being used. Easiest to reproduce n Chrome.

Same
12年前 に Marc Piparo によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 43 参加年月日: 11/03/14 最新の投稿
This looks like it resolved my issue:
http://kamalkantrajput.blogspot.com/2011/03/ck-editor-in-liferay-60.html
consistently picking up the ckconfig.jsp now.
thumbnail
10年前 に lou cat によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 196 参加年月日: 12/01/26 最新の投稿
Hello,

this is a pretty old thread but I was wondering if someone had more information about this issue.

I have LR 6.0.6 with exactly the same settings and content but in 2 different server, and just in the latest one I've noticed the CKeditor "less advanced" (basic) version.
If I refresh I got the advanced one, and I normally use Firefox but if I use IE I can see this behaviour in the other server as well.

I honestly don't know if it's causing problems to my css as this thread suggests, I only know I was used to the advanced one and I would like to keep that one, but the code from the link above fix the issue using the basic editor...

1) do you know which config file I should use in order to always have the advanced editor?

2) do you think the advanced one is not the correct one for CKeditor and it may give problems?

thank you for any feedback!