掲示板

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

thumbnail
17年前 に Chad Shryock によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 285 参加年月日: 06/08/27 最新の投稿
Any one see this before:

2006-11-22 22:10:57,132 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/].[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
2006-11-22 22:10:57,133 ERROR [com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Is this because I need to give the JVM more memory? Any ideas?

This is displayed on the Admin Portlet:
Uptime: 00:58:27
Free Memory: 118,310,032 Bytes
Total Memory: 259,534,848 Bytes
Maximum Memory: 530,907,136 Bytes

Thanks in advance,
Chad.
thumbnail
17年前 に Michael Young によって更新されました。

RE: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Liferay Master 投稿: 846 参加年月日: 04/08/05 最新の投稿
add -XX:MaxPermSize=128m to your jvm options
thumbnail
17年前 に Chad Shryock によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 285 参加年月日: 06/08/27 最新の投稿
Thanks! This seems to have fixed the problem.

Question: where in the documentation would I have found this? That way I don't have to keep asking questions.

Thanks,
Chad.
thumbnail
17年前 に Michael Young によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 846 参加年月日: 04/08/05 最新の投稿
This particular item is not in there. But our wiki does have a lot of useful information. Actually if you could update our wiki for this particular item we'd appreciate it!

http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Liferay_FAQ

Search for "What do I do if I am getting Out of Memory Errors"
15年前 に Andres Serra Fernández によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 08/09/19 最新の投稿
In that Wiki says what we have to modify de file named catalina.bat, but I can´t find these terms in the file, I found it in setenv.bat, but the problem persists.

Any other idea? I'm using lomboz and liferay 5+tomcat 6.

Thanks!
thumbnail
15年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
Are you lauching Liferay from Lomboz? If you are you need to change the launch parameters for the server in your IDE not in tomcat's startup scripts.
thumbnail
15年前 に Michael Saechang によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 576 参加年月日: 07/11/19 最新の投稿
you would modify the JAVA_OPTS in the catalina.bat

example.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"
:noJuli

-mike
thumbnail
13年前 に Adrian Rodriguez Monedero によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 10/10/17 最新の投稿
Michael Young:
This particular item is not in there. But our wiki does have a lot of useful information. Actually if you could update our wiki for this particular item we'd appreciate it!

http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Liferay_FAQ

Search for "What do I do if I am getting Out of Memory Errors"

That page does not exist anymore. Or does it?
12年前 に Назойливый Вопрошатель によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 45 参加年月日: 11/10/11 最新の投稿
Update for Liferay 6.1: 128m in MaxPermSize option is not enough. Setting it to 256m will solve the problem.
12年前 に Tal M によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 11/05/04 最新の投稿
I set it to 512 or 1024 but the problem persist.
I also monitored the liferay tomcat process using jconsole, and seems there is a memory leaks since the perm gen space raises continuously.

Is that a known CRITICAL in 6.1?
we must have a solution for this problem.

Thanks
Tal
12年前 に Wesley Johnson によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 12/01/23 最新の投稿
I believe I'm finding the same symptoms as you, Tal. For Liferay 6.0, I'm consistently getting a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" on Tomcat startup.

After trying many JAVA_OPTS memory property combinations (XX:MaxPermSize, etc.) as high as 2048m, and even after removing all portlets except for ROOT, I still encounter this problem.

Has anybody found any workarounds or troubleshooting paths when XX:MaxPermSize is not working as a solution for the OutOfMemoryError?

Here is the exact stack trace:

20.01.12 18:33:42 ERROR ContextLoader: Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.scripting.ScriptingImpl' defined in class path resource [META-INF/scripting-spring.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor#d0f59e' of type [com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor] while setting bean property 'scriptingExecutors' with key [TypedStringValue: value [ruby], target type [null]]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor#d0f59e' defined in class path resource [META-INF/scripting-spring.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.liferay.portal.scripting.ruby.RubyExecutor]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:281)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:120)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveManagedMap(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:378)
thumbnail
12年前 に Nilesh Gundecha によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 205 参加年月日: 09/12/01 最新の投稿
Hi,

I am too facing some memory issues with Liferay 6.1. I have started new thread for same click here

Lets discus it here.

Tal M:
I set it to 512 or 1024 but the problem persist.
I also monitored the liferay tomcat process using jconsole, and seems there is a memory leaks since the perm gen space raises continuously.

Is that a known CRITICAL in 6.1?
we must have a solution for this problem.

Thanks
Tal
10年前 に Stamen Stoychev によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 13/10/04 最新の投稿
I have the same issue when running Liferay on Windows 2003 server. All is good when running the startup.bat, but if I try to run tomcat as a service - I get the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space error...Tried increasing the PermGen but that does not help.
thumbnail
10年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
You have to consider how it's installed and how the service starts.

I use Tcat, and I have to go into the registry and tweak registry values to affect change (they do have a props file, but if I change that I have to use their start menu guy to make it stick, rather than service control panel).

Anyway, the point is you have to know what is involved when the service is started to ensure that your sitting is at the right place....
14年前 に Karimila Babu Maganti によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 09/05/19 最新の投稿
Hi Mike,

I have same kind of issue.

When try to run starup.bat, there is no issue but when i am using windows service option to run my liferay server.

The when i try to tun service, i am getting this error.. Please help me.

Any body help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Babu.
thumbnail
14年前 に Zsolt Balogh によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 463 参加年月日: 09/03/23 最新の投稿
Hi,

you can find documentation about starting tomcat as a Windows service here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

--JvmOptions is what you are looking for.
10年前 に ibo2013 ibo によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 13/11/06 最新の投稿
tomcat/bin setenv.bat

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES=false -Duser.timezone=GMT -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

copy this instead above

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES=false -Duser.timezone=GMT -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -XX:NewSize=256m -XX:MaxNewSize=256m -XXemoticonermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC"

because of this symbol, dowload this file,

set JAVA_opts

good luck

添付ファイル:

thumbnail
10年前 に meera prince によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1111 参加年月日: 11/02/08 最新の投稿
Hi Generally when we work with eclipse

We will create run time env servers

the actual configuration which we have done for server some time it may not applicable to server we create in eclipse.

in general for tomcat we use setenv.bat or setenv.sh to add our server configuration in the we increase paramgen space and jvm heap size

in jboss standalone.bat or standalone.conf to to add our server configuration in the we increse paramge space and jvm heap size

but when we create server in eclipse using server view some time those configuration may not use server instance which create by eclise thne

go to server views and double click on your server then it will lanch view in eclipse click on open lanch configuration then change settings