掲示板

How to migrate existing database to liferay's database

thumbnail
15年前 に L P Bharat によって更新されました。

How to migrate existing database to liferay's database

Junior Member 投稿: 39 参加年月日: 08/08/20 最新の投稿
Hi

I have recently migrated a legacy application to liferay. This legacy system has almost 1000 users and now i need to create liferay's user account for these 1000 users.

Is there a way to create account for these users in liferay using some script or something?

Regards,
Lok
15年前 に kameshwar singh によって更新されました。

RE: How to migrate existing database to liferay's database

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 08/10/22 最新の投稿
Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem,

Please help me out all liferay developers.
thumbnail
15年前 に Minhchau Dang によって更新されました。

RE: How to migrate existing database to liferay's database

Liferay Master 投稿: 598 参加年月日: 07/10/22 最新の投稿
You can't do it via a shell script, as far as I know.

If your server is online, you can write a standalone client application which utilizes Liferay SOAP API in order to make service layer calls to the UserService of a running Liferay instance. This is pretty straightforward, provided you know how to use SOAP. This is the route I recommend that you take.

If your server is offline, you will need to write a standalone client application which calls the Liferay service layer methods to create your users. This is not very straightforward and requires more familiarity with the way Liferay. If you satisfy this prerequisite (namely, you're experienced with Liferay), you can see an example of how Liferay does this by looking at how we run the service tests in our portal-impl test suite.

Finally, you can just write a portlet. Portlets have direct access to the UserLocalServiceUtil methods with no additional fuss, since you're running within the portal instance rather than making calls against it. Just write your portlet so that it runs the import code when the portlet is rendered, make sure to add some logic to make sure it never runs twice, and then add the portlet to an administrative page in your portal.