Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 46: Thomas Schweiger on Coffee
The nerdiest topic so far: I'm speaking to Thomas Schweiger, german national barista champion 2010-2012. He was sponsored by our german partner Prodyna to prepare coffee during this years Devcon and Portal Solutions Forum Germany.
- What do you need to do to become Barista Champion?
- Can you describe upfront what your coffee will taste like when you prepare it?
- Importing coffee, roasting, drying, grinding and preparing
- Latte Art (learn it by just listening to this episode):
- Foam the milk to be a homogenous liquid - stop adding air at 30°C, then roll around the foam to get microbubbles. The really hard stuff is to determine when to drop the milk under the coffee's crema and start drawing images with the foam on top.
- Find Latte Art tutorials on Youtube (or find out what it actually is and what pictures people actually do)
- Shoutout to Wolfram Sorg, from Prodyna Sales, who is teaming up with Thomas
- Did you know you can be a coffee consultant? Thomas is. He's consulting on coffee farms, cafés and barista training.
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: