Fórum

Sharing portlets on external site - no access/permission/required roles

Joost Timmerman, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Sharing portlets on external site - no access/permission/required roles

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 14/02/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Today I trying to share a portlet on a seperate web application. I'm trying to share using the Javascript Widget API. If I open the config of this portlet and go to the Sharing tab, I find the following code:

<script src="http://example.com/html/js/liferay/widget.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	Liferay .Widget({ url : 'http://example.com/widget/web/organisation/pagex/-/ShowStuff_WAR_ShowStuffPortlet_INSTANCE_XXXXX'});
</script> 

I have checked every setting I could find, but I keep getting a message that I "don't have the required roles to view this portlet". I have two portlets written by myself, most of which is just plain static html, but I also cannot do this with the provided Sitemap portlet.

In the portlet configuration
  • I have tried giving every role (including 'guest' ofc) the "View" and "Add to page" permissions
  • I checked "Allow users to add [portletname] to a website."

I have one portlet with which it seems to work, for the other is does not. I double checked the portlet.xml and liferay-portlet.xml, but I can't think of any relevant differences anymore. I can also share WebContent portlets, even without. So what happens with these other portlets? Are there any other settings I am missing?

To summarize; How do I make my own portlets and the Liferay-native Sitemap portlet shareable on a external website.

I am translating on the fly, so some things might be called a little different
thumbnail
Ali Shahrami, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Sharing portlets on external site - no access/permission/required roles

Junior Member Postagens: 52 Data de Entrada: 01/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Have you tried to add portlet in a public page (guest, public page)? I wonder if the portlets you are trying to share are placed in a private page where guest users (public users) don't have proper role and permissions to view them.
Joost Timmerman, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 14/02/11 Postagens Recentes
I don't even have any private pages. At this point I am only using LR as CMS system, so all pages are public.
Dileep Shiva, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 04/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Did you find a solution to this issue at all?

Thanks,
Dileep
Ratheesh Vijayakumaran Nair, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 31/05/12 Postagens Recentes
Did anyone have a solution for this? I was trying to do the same thing, using this script tag to make the portlet render on another website. But What I saw is, it ties the user that I used to view the script with the generated script. The data that was displayed for the portlet matched the admin user that I used to view the configuration/sharing section of the portlet to copy the script. That was strange, or is that how Liferay intended it to work?