Fórum

How to create an Asset Publisher Display Style

jhonn cardona, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

How to create an Asset Publisher Display Style

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 20/07/11 Postagens Recentes
How to create an Asset Publisher Display Style showing the contents in 3 columns???
I created a hook in Eclipse, but I do not know which file I have to change for show the contents in 3 columns??? as the image
thumbnail
Samir Gami, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: How to create an Asset Publisher Display Style

Regular Member Postagens: 162 Data de Entrada: 04/02/11 Postagens Recentes
jhonn,
Yes, you can do that using hook, like
1) Add your custom display style name in to portal-ext.properties (Use "-" instead of the space )
asset.publisher.display.styles=table,title-list,abstracts,full-content,test-3-column-grid

2) Create your custom jsp(using hook) at path /html/portlet/asset_publisher/display/test_3_column_grid.jsp

3) write you custom logic for 3-column-layout display inside the test_3_column_grid.jsp (for that you can go through OOB display style).

Hope this may help,

Thanks,
Samir Gami
Justyna Gralinska, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 13/08/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing. I've created and successfully applied a new display template based on the full-content .jsp template but it looks like the generated list of results is a vertical list. I would like it to be a horizontal list instead as I would only display the first 3 results anyway. How can I change that?
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 549 Data de Entrada: 25/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Hello Justyna,
I used to implement a carousel/slider portlet using Asset Publisher (for example using this aui component). In this kind of "heavy" AP modifications, except from creating own display style (which is responsible for rendering only one element), I usually had to hook other Asset Publisher files. For example /html/portlet/asset_publisher/view.jsp to initialize slider javascript (of course after checking if my displayStyle was selected). Other parameters, including amount of displayed articles, categorization etc. should be configured through the standard Asset Publisher configuration panel (that was actually the great power of doing news slider with AP rather than hardcoding it with web content).

Regards,
KG
Justyna Gralinska, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 13/08/13 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for your reply. We've managed to change the display orientation by editing the custom css file (changed the display of the specific portlet to inline-block ).

Best